AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you be willing cough up for a fully functional semi auto clone down to the nazi proofs (not sure if that is allowed by law) with 7.92kurz by say someone like wolf?

Just curious.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Assuming its 100% American made, around $700.

Assuming it has alot of original parts, like the grip/stock, bolt or barrel, handgaurd, etc. over $1,000.

You can get ammo by Hornady for $19/20 now, so obviously SOMEONE has a bunch of them. I saw a 60's era catalogue listing them, so they were in the US in a large quantity at one time. What happened to all of them?

Oh and for Wolf ammo, I suggest 130gr. Hollow Point. Casing type wouldn't matter to me, berdan or boxer, steel or brass. It would need to be less than $10 a box though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Q-gunner2 said:
Assuming its 100% American made, around $700.

Assuming it has alot of original parts, like the grip/stock, bolt or barrel, handgaurd, etc. over $1,000.

You can get ammo by Hornady for $19/20 now, so obviously SOMEONE has a bunch of them. I saw a 60's era catalogue listing them, so they were in the US in a large quantity at one time. What happened to all of them?

Oh and for Wolf ammo, I suggest 130gr. Hollow Point. Casing type wouldn't matter to me, berdan or boxer, steel or brass. It would need to be less than $10 a box though.
Not talking at all about kit builds, talking complete clone builds from the ground up, there is no source to my knowledge of kits or readily available parts.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
They would be two grand min. I wouldnt want it in the kurz ammo either, too hard to come by and i doubt wolf will make any. I know someone who has a real nice pristine example and i have shot it, its fun but the ammo is just outragously expensive. I'm not a fan of German guns but i'd buy one if it was under a thousand, it would be a nice addition to a collection, something different. What i have my eye on is the ppsh41 MGS is supposedly comming out with, ammo is cheap, parts are cheap, mags and drums are cheap.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Motorcityman said:
They would be two grand min. I wouldnt want it in the kurz ammo either, too hard to come by and i doubt wolf will make any. I know someone who has a real nice pristine example and i have shot it, its fun but the ammo is just outragously expensive. I'm not a fan of German guns but i'd buy one if it was under a thousand, it would be a nice addition to a collection, something different. What i have my eye on is the ppsh41 MGS is supposedly comming out with, ammo is cheap, parts are cheap, mags and drums are cheap.
Where/who is your source on this info? I am VERY intrested in a SBR semi-auto PPSh-41. Any help would be greatly appreceated.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Not just yes, but hell yes. Up to $1500. Mags would need to be made too.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Last time I saw complete parts kits available they were north of 1K. :shock: I think for a completely made US rifle you would have at least $2,500. The DP28 just released by MGS is $2600 and they use Polish? parts kits.

The issue is lots of R&D to produce a semi auto based on a full auto and relatively few sold.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dieter122 said:
FunkZ28 said:
Hell yeah I'd buy an StG. 44 if the price was right :wink: 1k max
1k max? sad sad sad.....come on bump that up to $1200-1600 :goof:
$1200-1600... maybe only if it was really nice :cool: Hell if i saw one in person I would probably drop 2k on one on the spot! You look at all this stuff online and think "Hey thats nice" and when you see it in a store you just flashback to the last time you saw your balance on an ATM receipt wondering if you can afford it :lol:

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Rumor has it that they are going to make one for the German civilian market.

They already make a MP38 for the civilian market. It costs about $2000, which is relative, since a Saiga will cost about $800. They made the MP38 because the machined receiver is cheaper to make in small numbers then a stamped receiver. The MP38 sold here seems to be made from original parts, and still fires from the open bolt.

Also, German gun dealer told me that he imported a handful of Semi auto Mp44s from Russia. They were converted at the Molot factory.

As for ammo, Yugo company makes modern, brassed cased 8mm Kurz.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Stottman said:
Rumor has it that they are going to make one for the German civilian market.

They already make a MP38 for the civilian market. It costs about $2000, which is relative, since a Saiga will cost about $800. They made the MP38 because the machined receiver is cheaper to make in small numbers then a stamped receiver. The MP38 sold here seems to be made from original parts, and still fires from the open bolt.

Also, German gun dealer told me that he imported a handful of Semi auto Mp44s from Russia. They were converted at the Molot factory.

As for ammo, Yugo company makes modern, brassed cased 8mm Kurz.

I want BOTH! NOW!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wonder how many the Russians have in storage with ammo and mags?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Syria is supposed to have quite a few also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts