·
Registered
784 Posts
catsailer40 said:
*mumbles to myself*

please dont be 5.56 only please dont be 5.56 only please dont be 5.56 only
It's not I heard it was 223 :grin:

--------
(Just a joke so no 223 & 5.56 aren't the same debate please)

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
i just hope it comes in SOMETHING that doesnt cost 30 plus cents per round to shoot. i wont buy one if it doesnt. ill hold out as long as possible for the masada... at least i can shoot my x39 then.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ermac said:
It's probably out of most peoples price ranges.
Don't confuse the pre-1989 ban AUG's here in the country ($4K) for what this will run.

We're probably looking at $1.5~$2K.

Catsailer, the ACR won't be immediately available in anything other than 5.56mm either....it would probably be at least a year after the first ACR's hit the market before you'll possibly see one in anything other than 5.56x45mm.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yee Haaa! I like it, I love it, I want one of it! :dance:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
MSAR & TDP = "Abandon all hope, ye who enter these gates..."

I heard the rumors about Steyr making the A3 in the USA, and this was the primary reason I didn't buy one of the "clone" rifles - holding out for the "real thing."

I applaud their efforts, but this is gonna hurt them - BIG :neutral:

On the other hand... Looks like it's time to start pricing the AUG mags!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I really don't understand the appeal of these things. I have even shot a post sample full auto.

This might be the winner for the "all time best product placement" in Die Hard. That's the only reason I can come up with for the following.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Robpiat said:
I really don't understand the appeal of these things. I have even shot a post sample full auto.

This might be the winner for the "all time best product placement" in Die Hard. That's the only reason I can come up with for the following.
Me neither, man. Me neither.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey you guys dont be haters ! :grin: I have a pre-ban Aug and it is one of my favorite rifles. Very accurate and always works like my AK's . Whats not to like ? Also CHICKS did them. You boys should save up and buy yourself one!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Those type of oddball looking guns also never appealed to me. I also don't like the way the FS2000 looks either.

Neato gun but just not for me. I would rather have a gun that looks like a gun and not a space ray gun.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bobotech said:
Those type of oddball looking guns also never appealed to me. I also don't like the way the FS2000 looks either.

Neato gun but just not for me. I would rather have a gun that looks like a gun and not a space ray gun.
See, for me, that's always been the appeal to stuff like this, the ACR, SCAR, etc.

I've always had a thing for Starship Troopers hardware.....

Love me some phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
They appeal to me as well. I'm glad that Steyr is doing this, but I'd really like a rifle to look more like the traditional AUG with the integral scope.

Hell, I'm crazy enough to even get a FAMAS if someone made a civvie version. :lol:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
bobotech said:
My M4 has a 14.5" Bbl w/a pinned FH. With the stock completely collapsed on the M4, my FS2K is still a couple inches shorter than the M4 - and it has a 17.4" Bbl. Having a full-sized rifle barrel (round velocity) can have it's advantages in a sub-gun sized package. Not to mention, it's a bullpup left/right handed shooters can use w/o having to change any parts (bolt).

Nobody's say'in you have to like the thing(s), but throw some of us a bone here - Form generally follows function... :wink:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
CGSteve said:
They appeal to me as well. I'm glad that Steyr is doing this, but I'd really like a rifle to look more like the traditional AUG with the integral scope.

Hell, I'm crazy enough to even get a FAMAS if someone made a civvie version. :lol:
There's a semi-auto FAMAS on GB right now (very few were imported). Running about $13K - I think...

Go get it!!!! :goof:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =106698080

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
j-rod said:
Ther's a semi-auto FAMAS on GB right now (very few were imported). Running about $13K - I think...

Go get it!!!! :goof:
It's ridiculous, they imported like 15 1/2 of them before the gates closed. When I first saw them I thought they were REALLY silly looking and now look................grrr. :roll:

I'm in for a real AUG!! :goof:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts