AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a guy I know who has a really nice Steyr import Maadi with one MADE IN EGYPT magazine and the small brochure.
What is the most I should pay for it? I really want it because of their history, but don't want to over pay. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Condition is almost new. Some scuffing and small scratches, but definitely not banged up. No box.

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Prices are all over the map on these. My research found selling prices of $1400.00 up to $2100.00. If you get it, be sure to post some detailed pictures.

·
Registered
404 Posts
No box? or sling or everything it came with originally? Offer him 1k that's what I think it's worth in that shape... then again Id never pay 1k for a rifle I would never shoot. Cause if you pay 1k for an ak your never gonna shoot buy something better than a maadi. If your looking for a factory built Egyptian AKM they go for 600-800, pars/Intrac, etc. Do NOT buy an Egyptian akm with a chineese front end and trunnion and selector stop i.e. misr90,(century arms international).

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Prices are all over the map on these. My research found selling prices of $1400.00 up to $2100.00. If you get it, be sure to post some detailed pictures.
He's asking the low end of what you quoted.

I have paid over 2k for a Chinese AK, and I shoot it. I shoot all of my AKs. I have no use for NIB rifles other than trading stock.
Having a mint new in the box pre-ban AK that you never shoot makes as much sense to me as being married to a super model that you don't have sex with.

I'm going to buy it. I'm going to shoot it. And I'll post pictures and a review.

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Some of the Steyr imports have slotted right side lower bolt rails. Those may be worth a bit more than the ones that do not.

Never heard this. There were some Maddis imported that had the third hole welded over and the lower right rail slotted. But these were NOT Streyr Preban Maddis.
They got recalled by the ATF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts