AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been sorting through a bunch of the old sportsman guide mag lottery mags and came across one with a large double circle 25 stamped right in the center of the spline. Ive seen the steel circle 10s before but dont recall seeing anything on a circle 25 steel 7.62. Anybody have any info on it? Are they very common at all?

The pics dont do a good job of showing the stamp. It is much more defined in person.

Other side of mag

·
Registered
271 Posts
Bulgarian, just like the double circle 10's. Did not know they made steelies at that factory. An E in double circles can also be found. Does anyone know if factory 21 made steelies? Sweet find, by the way! :animak:

·
Registered
289 Posts
A few years back I ordered 5 Bulgarian 7.62 steel mags from WhatACountry and received 5 unissued double circle 25 mags marked exactly like yours. That was the first time I had heard these mags exsisted.

jms

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rereading the excellent McLean article, these mags are referenced. 25 is the Optico-electron factory; they make/made a lot of '74 mags.

Edited to fix Mr. McLean's name. Sorry !

·
Registered
894 Posts
Metal Dave said:
Rereading the excellent McClean article, these mags are referenced. 25 is the Optico-electron factory; they make/made a lot of '74 mags.
Thanks for the complement. Saw its has been reprinted again in the latest "Book of the AK".

New version is about ready, but still trying to fiqure out a few things on AG4s. There are a heck of a lot more versions than most people realize, and it aint cheap to fiqure out!

·
Registered
745 Posts
the mag you have is a late production bulgarian variety. it is unique for having the back body rib angle reward at 45 degrees. they are commonly imported and sold through century arms, usually in an individual bag with the the 'made in bulgaria' white sticker. the ones imported through century are all unmarked and have the same plastic follower that the clear slabs, black slabs, and black bullet mags have. the ones made for the bulgarian military have a normal steel follower and a few of them do have the ((25)) mark on them. i bought some bfpu mags from a gunbroker auction this summer that were supposed to be egyptian. turns out most were russian, a few were chinese all stamp, and one was a nice looking metal follower ((25)) spine stamp. nice score

·
Registered
271 Posts
TomM said:
Saw its has been reprinted again in the latest "Book of the AK".

New version is about ready, but still trying to fiqure out a few things on AG4s. There are a heck of a lot more versions than most people realize, and it aint cheap to fiqure out!
Sweet! I can't wait to see the new version! The reprint in the new Book of the AK will keep me from putting so much wear on my older, taped up copy! :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts