AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go to a meeting 8 hours after my shift. So I decided to try to take a little hike out in the desert and tent out. The main issue is the heat hard to sleep, but I did get a couple of hours.

Also heard a siren got out of my tent and saw an illegal run by. Helicopter started circling and CBP with 4 wheelers asked me some questions. "How many were there", "Which way was he going", "What was he wearing". I felt bad cause I couldn't remember what he was wearing. I need to start noticing things like that. Women are good at that, they can tell you what type of shoes somebody is wearing. Kind of hard to sleep after the excitement.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool, I haven't camped for awhile, looks like an exciting place.

Guy

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I would like to get a digital camera. I brought a disposible camera. You can see the 4 wheeler tracks in the first image. You can barely see the BP SUV in there too.

Things I still want to see.
1. Rattlesnake
2. Living tarantuala in the wild- Everybody at work tells me they are all over the place, I am just going to have to keep looking.

·
Registered
900 Posts
First place to look would be in your boots when you wake up ... :shock:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like I remember a guy telling me to kick everything before I pick it up. I think I am going to kick, then pick it up and shake it first.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Living tarantuala in the wild- Everybody at work tells me they are all over the place, I am just going to have to keep looking.
Yet another reason to stay the hell out of the desert! If I found a tarantula in my boot, I'd scream like a little girl! :shock:

Spiders really creep me out! :peep:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Arizona?? I love the desert, when I was stationed in AZ, after duty, I'd grab a six pack, jump on my bike and ride out @ 20 miles. I'd just sit there and take about a 2 hour break. It's amazing what you can see.

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you want to have fun, go out at about 1 am with a powerful hand held UV light. You will see all kinds of bugs and Scorpions..

:twisted:

--->APB

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may try that. Right now we got a bunch of these big black pincher beetles running around. One of my co-workers said he saw a tarantula taking on 4 of them one morning.

New Mexico. I haven't been to Arizona yet. I would love to try that though. So far I have only gotten as far west as Columbus, NM via highway 9. It is great just pulling off the side of the road and hearing nothing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
apb2772 said:
If you want to have fun, go out at about 1 am with a powerful hand held UV light. You will see all kinds of bugs and Scorpions..

:twisted:

--->APB

Not to mention, the rattle snakes. I went out many nights @ 11:00pm until 1 or 2 in the morning hunting rattle snakes....at least that's what i told my wife.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts