AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, what a craptastic movie that was! The effects were actually WORSE than the first two. Cool to see the mechanized body armor that was in the book, but they only used it for a little bit at the very end. I was hoping this one wouldn't be worse than the last one. A singing Admiral/sky marshal??? :roll:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
It SUUUUUUUCKED!!! I didn't even watch the whole thing. Acting was TERRIBLE, the action was HORRIBLE. The ONLY good Starship Troopers was the first one. I will admit I liked that one. But the 2nd and 3rd one where the bugs are all computer animated and never die, wow retardation. Also, did anyone notice that half the time, the weapons didnt even have a muzzle flash?? They just added in the sound.

:bullshit:

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bugs in the first one were computer animated, but done much better. This movie had some scenes where the animation was so back it LOOKED like a friggin' cartoon! Seriously...Tron era type animation and with some of the space ships, too. :roll:

Oh well, at least we got to see some bewbies. :dance:

They sure did try to get Jolene Blalock to look like Angelina Jolie in "Sky Captain" with that uniform.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Cannot recommend, unless you like poor acting, crappy effects and obvious plots, in which case you'll love it! :wink:

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if they're going to do another one with the newly introduced body armor. However, now that they have the "Q bomb", which can destroy an entire planet, there wouldn't be much of a plot. Just evacuate people, if need be, and, literally...

Nuke it from orbit!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I didn't even know they had made a II. Is it even worth neflixing?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
m0ondoggy said:
I didn't even know they had made a II. Is it even worth neflixing?
NO! :puke:

TOTAL disappointment, straight to dvd crap.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
The first film was a big budget theatrical release directed by acclaimed director Paul Verhoeven. The second one was a low budget, direct to DVD release. The first movie is the only one worth watching in my opinion.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
barberl said:
The first film was a big budget theatrical release directed by acclaimed director Paul Verhoeven. The second one was a low budget, direct to DVD release. The first movie is the only one worth watching in my opinion.
Yeah, and he completely ruined a very good book with the first one. I read somewhere that he had a beef with Heinlein over something and made the movie as a mockery of the actual book.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
dtemplar said:
barberl said:
Yeah, and he completely ruined a very good book with the first one. I read somewhere that he had a beef with Heinlein over something and made the movie as a mockery of the actual book.
I do not know anything about that, I just enjoyed the movie purely as entertainment. I have not read the book.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I highly recommend the book. It's much more than high school graduates fighting bugs. It's actually a serious read that is much deeper. It goes a lot into how a society should have people serve the Federation to become a citizen. You do not have certain rights, like voting, until you become a citizen. It's not overly political.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Outstanding read and your correct a huge beef over content and control and he did it almost as a parody of the books.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
dtemplar said:
I highly recommend the book. It's much more than high school graduates fighting bugs. It's actually a serious read that is much deeper. It goes a lot into how a society should have people serve the Federation to become a citizen. You do not have certain rights, like voting, until you become a citizen. It's not overly political.
Thanks for the info. I will have to read the book. I'll probably look for it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
dtemplar said:
PanzerSlayer said:
There was a Starship Troopers 2???
Yeah. Didn't even know about it until I saw a commercial for ST3.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367093/

OTOH, I wonder what the "beef" was between the director and Heinlein was about.
I would like to know also. This is something that I had never heard before.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
dtemplar said:
The bugs in the first one were computer animated, but done much better. This movie had some scenes where the animation was so back it LOOKED like a friggin' cartoon! Seriously...Tron era type animation and with some of the space ships, too. :roll:

Oh well, at least we got to see some bewbies. :dance:

They sure did try to get Jolene Blalock to look like Angelina Jolie in "Sky Captain" with that uniform.

were the bewbies jolene blalocks???? :twisted:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The bewbies weren't Jolene Blalocks .....but that was about the best scene in the whole movie. :cool:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I like Jolene Blalock - but not enough to waste a precious 90 minutes of my life watching another Starship Trooper! :neutral:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts