AK Rifles banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
I carry almost every time my family and I go out, I keep it concealed at all times. Malls around my area do not want guns on their private property, but I feel it is better to have my gun with me, under my control instead of being left in my vehicle for it to posibly be stolen. In my neck of the woods I feel open carrying leads to unwanted attention, the only people I see O.C. are L.E.O and gun store employees.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I carry at home and when Im working in my garage work shop..I have a starbucks about 150 yards away in a nearby shopping center..so I went there today with my holster..empty of course as im in Commiefornia..and the bottom was sticking out under my shirt...some libtard jumps up and says..hey didnt you hear you cant have guns in starbucks anymore..its a company RULE!!! I looked at him and said..yea..how about that..and got my coffee and walked out..small regular coffee..not the 6 dollar crap..the look of amazement on his sheep face that someone would not listen to a RULE as he called it..was priceless..i may do it again and film it...absolute sheep..so then i went to safeway and returned my three un opened starbucks home brew coffee packs and got a couple of cans of good old Folgers..and one dunkin donuts home coffee..screw starbucks..6 friends who are active LEO said they wont go there any longer and they said alot of their fellow officers will be visiting 7-11 and other local coffee places instead...

·
Registered
129 Posts
There used to be a few of these open carry types around here, but I think they moved on.

My sister lives in NC which is a big open carry state although I haven't tried it. I like the physical comfort of open carrying , however I don't want everyone to knowing I have a weapon (especially should I need to use it).

Right now weapons/carrying is my biggest fight with the gf.

·
Super Moderator
12,279 Posts
I never open carry, but fuck em anyway.
I take offense to the fact that he states that he doesnt want his employee's or partners to confront armed customers, and he's not comfortable asking Starbucks partners to do that.
so I guess were all criminals now. hmmmm

my letter to him
Ive never open carried in your stores, but I have conceal carried many times. but...until you can guarantee my safety in your stores and accept the liability of me being injured from a criminal not folowing your request, I will not be back. and I hope my friends and family do the same. if not and something happens to them, you can bet your business I will sue you for every penny you will ever make..... lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
This article sums it up well. I was not aware that idiots where dragging there safe queen ARs, AKs and shotguns down to buy coffee. Its a coffee shop not a damn gun show or gun range!

This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things ? Starbucks
Jeeze! I almost want to change my position after reading that article.
That guy is so harsh on people. He makes the claim that there are only 2 groups of gun owners in this issue:
1. Asshats that OC in coffee shops
2. The rest of us,
but what about the people like me who don't really know what to make of it all?

I looked at the photos in that article and I have to admit, everybody pretty much seemed sloppy.
If you're going to carry a rifle in public, you ought to look like you know what you're doing.
I can't really put my finger on it except to say that you need to look "sharp"....but then you get further into the intimidation factor.

Idunno, maybe I should just forget about all of this nonsense (and that's exactly what this story is--nonsense) and go back to bed, but the question keeps ringing in my ears:

Wouldn't it be nice if we all just carried whatever weapons around with us that we wanted like they did in the "old days"?
I'm not talking about the Wild West, I'm talking about Revolutionary, and Post Revolutionary War America.

I'd like to live in a country where it slowly became the norm for every able-bodied individual to have some serious equipment within a few yards of them at all times.
Just seems like an ideal.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It's actually fairly reasonable what they have requested of their customers. Every time we have an open carry thread here, or on any gun forum, really, most agree that it's a bad idea in most populated settings, if still a constitutionally protected right that you are free to exercise. Their CEO or spokesperson or whoever it was made it pretty clear in the interview I heard that it is just a polite request, so I don't really see how the statement they recently made is fundamentally different from the one made by most gun owners. Their instructions for staff if someone comes in open carrying? Be respectful and serve the customer. I think they are just asking us as gun owners not to come in being controversial on their sales floor. They want people having the lucrative consumer experience they have prepared, not getting worked up and distracted by other customers--it's more or less like how in the marketplace section, you aren't supposed to make off topic posts in people's WTS threads. If people started frequenting Starbucks in any other way that substantially distracted customers, then Starbucks would probably issue a statement about them too. It's unfortunate for the die-hard open carrier that an AR-15 is just more distracting and therefore worse for business than liberals wearing Obamacare buttons or whatever they are doing.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Open carry has two uses... To carry comfortably when away from population centers...and to keepfrom getting in trouble should you ever print and someone notice. Unless you have some retention training and carry with a good retention holster (ie...not some serpa range holster garbage), you're putting your self at risk.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Open carry has two uses... To carry comfortably when away from population centers...and to keepfrom getting in trouble should you ever print and someone notice. Unless you have some retention training and carry with a good retention holster (ie...not some serpa range holster garbage), you're putting your self at risk.
+1 This

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Char-bucks? Their coffee sucks, good enough reason to stay away for me, gun issue notwithstanding.
no shit. they over roast their coffee so bad. ughhh. thats why is so sour compared to real coffee done right. AND they are SO overpriced. AND when did go there last i had to wait in line forever because of women and deuchbags ordering frape fat free mocha caramel shit storm drink. took FOREVER.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts