AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across one on another forum for sale. Stamped receiver, Polytech sidefolder (wire stock), supposedly only 1500 brought in and very rare. I thought all polytechs were milled receivers? :confused:

·
Banned
329 Posts
Hi, I would go for the stamped sheet metal side folder personally. PolyTech wire sidefolders were not military issue and were an export only model. The stamped sheet metal side folders with red plastic side plates were military standard for the late production of T56 and all T81. Much better design.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Trumpet said:
Came across one on another forum for sale. Stamped receiver, Polytech sidefolder (wire stock), supposedly only 1500 brought in and very rare. I thought all polytechs were milled receivers? :confused:
It ain't worth 1500.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Ermac said:
Trumpet said:
It ain't worth 1500.
If it's a complete NIB sidefolder, it's worth the money. Kengs only imported one shipment. Just my .02 If it's just the rifle, then that would be up to the buyer...........Also the folded stock hits the side of the receiver when folded, mine dosen't lock up tight enough. I like the red side folders a lot more. Also the Galli style folder is parked and the rest of the rifle is blued. But mine came with 3 parked Chinese mags, which have to be really rare mags......

CAB

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts