AK Rifles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where can you get russian letter stamp sets for a cheap price that are decent, or any stamps for egyptian selector markings stuff?

So I was screwing around with the two stamp sets I have.

both sets are labeled as 1/8th, but you can tell one set is bigger than the other the bigger set is the harbor freight set and the smaller set is MIT brand that was around $20 on ebay The MIT set works better for me, but paramount of course is excellent backing and giving it a good hard smack with the mini sledge.

The smaller MIT set looks good for the 1 and east german markings and the slightly larger HF ones look good for the yugo. the sideways 8 is better than nothing but not great.

i sent an email to a stamp maker in China or something about making a nine piece set and they replied really quick wanting pics of what I wanted. can you guys hook me up with pics of other markings selector markings. It will probably be to big of a run and too much money but its worth sending some pics.

What stamps would be must haves in nine piece sets?

1. hungarian infinity
2. Yugo J, since it has a diffrent top
Russian letters, is this a set of 4?
egyptian 2 stamps?
triangle arrow
bulgarian circle ten,
circle y
what am I missing? with pics please :)

· Registered
237 Posts
I have used Argon Tool for stamps. If you provide the artwork, they can create anything for you. Their custom stamps run $48 + S/H and I have used them for hammer marks and press marks.

Ted Wright is who I have worked with in the past, and I think that he is the owner. Send them an email at

[email protected]

If you want to see pics of their work, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can set you up.

Hope this helps!

moorecd3

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was argon that replied to me, I guess his prices doubled, He wants $88 a stamp and $92 for the egyptian ones. I will give him a counter offer, but I doubt he would move enough

If I got him to do a batch run of 20 or so would people buy them at $15-$20 a piece?

· Banned
230 Posts
I would be interested. :goof:

65cobra said:
It was argon that replied to me, I guess his prices doubled, He wants $88 a stamp and $92 for the egyptian ones. I will give him a counter offer, but I doubt he would move enough

If I got him to do a batch run of 20 or so would people buy them at $15-$20 a piece?

· Registered
237 Posts
65Cobra,

Whoa! That's weird. He just quoted me for a different Russian stamp at $48 two weeks ago. I have done business with them for several years. I will try and give him a call on Monday to see whats up? Haven't sent in my payment yet and I don't want a suprise. I have also sent quite a bit of work his way on here too.

moorecd3

· Registered
222 Posts
65cobra said:

I would be in for a set

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this is where they are at its too much $$ for me to deal with I was just thinking if one stamp was $50 maybe purchasing 100 (20 sets of 5 stamps) could be done at a significant discount, I was wrong. There is not any discount for purchasing up to 55 stamps of 5 patterns. So I am going to drop this sorry.

on the russian stamps I just wanted to do the two symbols that look like As

The stamps quoted earlier and shown below included a $40.00 art and pattern fee for each.
One (1) Russian "AB" stamp $88.00 each

One (1) Russian "OA" stamp $88.00 each
One (1) Infinity symbol stamp $88.00 each, includes pattern work

One (1) Egyptian symbol stamp top photo $92.00 each (we will need good black and white copy)
One (1) Egyptian symbol stamp bottom photo $92.00 each (we will need good black and white copy)

After the first stamp is produced, the following prices will take effect:
Two (2) to Eleven (11) Russian "A" stamp $48.00 each
Twelve (12) and up Russian "A" stamp $38.00.00 each

Two (2) to Eleven (11) Russian "B" stamp $48.00 each
Twelve (12) and up Russian "B" stamp $38.00.00 each

Two (2) to Eleven (11) Infinity symbol stamp $48.00 each
Twelve (12) and up Infinity symbol stamp $38.00.00 each

Two (2) to Eleven (11) Egyptian symbol stamp top photo $52.00 each (we will need good black and white copy)
Twelve (12) and up, Egyptian symbol stamp bottom photo $42.00 each (we will need good black and white copy)

· Registered
237 Posts
65Cobra,

I have not had a chance to reach them myself, but your info leads me to think that if it is a new design now, they are charging more for the first one to recoup cost maybe? They didn't do that with me two years ago, but things may have changed.

I can say that it is pricey as I have about 25 different stamps from them myself; however anything that they make is 100% good to go, but it's not cheap.

The main reason I liked them so much is that when I asked how many of a minimum they would need for one stamp and the answer was one. No one else wanted to touch it unless I ordered a larger quantity.

moorecd3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.