AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a break from the AK's today, and participated in the Kentucky Squirrel Season opener.

The rifle is a CZ 452 American .22LR with Talley Rings, and a Leupold VX-II 4X12 AO.

Barrel was cut down to 16.25' inches and threaded by Tornado Technologies...Damn, I'm tired of waiting on my suppressor!

Just thought I would share, and Good Hunting this fall to all the The AK Forum Members.

[img/]

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Most excellent!!!!! Cat squirrels are a blast to hunt. A real challenge w/ a .22 Those will be great with a batch of dumplins. Our season doesn't open until Oct 1 and I usually hunt the little boogers with a shotgun...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to see we have some squirrel connoisseurs around. :smile:

Got them soaking in salt water, and plan on frying them up tomorrow for dinner, along with any more I may shoot in the morning.

Frostbite,

Great looking CZ! :allright:...How do you like that Weaver V-16?... May I ask what kind of suppressor you have?

I've got a SWR Spectre currently in the "transfer" phase to my dealer, so it will be at least a couple of months or more before I can get to sniping squacks with it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Guys I have never hunted and I want to get into it. Squirrel, rabbit, pheasants etc., will most likely be the game I start out hunting seeing as I don't know how to clean an animal and these are much less work than a deer. How would one prepare game such as squirrel. Is there something I need to worry about as far as cleaning one, prepping it to eat etc.?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I have one of the original 452 Silhouettes with a factory threaded barrel. I really need to get a suppressor before I deploy to Iraq in Feb.

Squirrel hunting is one of my favorite fall past times.

I booked my first guided deer hunt this year. It is a 3 generation hunt with my father, myself, and my son. 4 days for only 625 per person. I wanted to do something like this before I deploy early next year. I can't friggin' wait!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Chinook said:
I have one of the original 452 Silhouettes with a factory threaded barrel. I really need to get a suppressor before I deploy to Iraq in Feb.

Squirrel hunting is one of my favorite fall past times.

I booked my first guided deer hunt this year. It is a 3 generation hunt with my father, myself, and my son. 4 days for only 625 per person. I wanted to do something like this before I deploy early next year. I can't friggin' wait!!
That sounds really nice. I've been wanting to something along those lines as well. Good luck in Iraq, and thank you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Round 2 this morning :grin: .... Conditions were perfect. 58 degrees and calm winds.

Chinook,

I hope you put the smack down on a big buck on your upcoming deer hunt :thumbsup:

[img/]

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
It is a Gemtech Outback II. The rifle pictured is a .17 HM2 with a factory threaded barrel. I bought an adapter for 1/2x28 from TROS. I also have two CZ 452's in .22LR. Fun rifles! :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts