·
Registered
945 Posts
@PRDUBI

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
945 Posts
Slide markings and sights and safety look good. Nice modern-ish improvements and clean roll marks. I'm in!

·
Registered
945 Posts
$700.

I can swing that.

Comes with one mag though, wonder what those will cost.

Nothing like a steel frame pistol.
Mec-Gar mags are OEM and are cheaper than Browning label. They used to be fifteen or twenty bucks a pop. Not sure what they are in the current market.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Aarrrr

·
Registered
945 Posts
They are failing already..

Just wait

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Loose fitted slide stop plate?

·
Registered
945 Posts
They are failing already..

Just wait

Damn Turkish guns!

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Or its possible the owner disassembled that part for inspection and to make sure the firing pin channel was not gummed up with preservative, then assembled it incorrectly. This happened to a friend of mine with a .40 cal CZ75.
Quite possible.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So the tail end of the firing pin is what holds the plate in place. The spring provides the force to push (and keep) the tail in the hole in the stop plate.

During live-fire the firing pin is stopped in its travel by the primer and is only forward for a fraction of a second before the spring presses it back. In theory the plate is not free to move when actually shooting.

In dry-fire the firing pin is free to jump pretty much to the length of the spring and will clear the firing pin fully from the stop plate. The plate should still be held by the pressure of the resting hammer but that isn't always the case. Also (never seen with a Hi-Power but have with a 1911) the spring may be weak and/or the tolerance off between the firing pin and the channel itself. In these cases the firing pin may actually extend out and get stuck in the forward position. This allows the plate to drop free as soon as the slide is retracted.

In all these cases the fix is usually a new spring and a firing pin stop that fits a little better. And a new firing pin too can be added while the parts are out.

Don't know of course if that's what's happened here but these are likely culprits in my guesstimate.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Opinion only, the new gun market shifted so hard to the idea that every gun had to be the lightest possible plastic fantastic, partly from the gun rag pimps always pushing this, that there had to be a correction to that. There's a lot to be said for the classic guns with more weight. Repressed demand.
Maybe.

More likely it is a case of wanting what you can't have. FN discontinues the GP35 after 80 years and now people want one.

This is the case with two co-workers. Both always wanted a BHP but never got around to buying one and now don't want to pay $1000+ for a nice clean FN.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So FN is going to make High Powers again. I wonder if they will be made in the US or Belgium? Maybe in Browning’s Portugal plant again.
Looks more Hi-Power inspired. I see it has ambi slide release levers. I assume the magazine release is also ambi or reversible.

Note that it looks like the barrel no longer uses the individual locking lugs but rather the locking block that interfaces against the ejection port.

Surprised there's no flashlight rail.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's ambidextrous is all I can say.

Kinda looks like a Daewoo.