AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh, the classics never die! It seems SA decided to make some of these pistols, and even addressed a few complaints shooters have had over the years, namely, that damn magazine safety, and updated sights. I'm looking to grab one of these for sure:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ahhh, the classics never die! It seems SA decided to make some of these pistols, and even addressed a few complaints shooters have had over the years, namely, that damn magazine safety, and updated sights. I'm looking to grab one of these for sure:
Also made in the usa with no mim parts

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, and after watching and reading through the specs, myself, and another good friend of mine are actively seeking one each. I know some of the folks these days don't like the older designs that are heavier, and single action, but if you have never fired a BHP, your really missing out. Its not hard to understand what there are still countries that issue these to their troops.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was curious where it was made, and after reading USA, I am more interested. I am a High power collector, and the made in the USA and price has me interested, at least for the collection.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Slide markings and sights and safety look good. Nice modern-ish improvements and clean roll marks. I'm in!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
924 Posts
$700.

I can swing that.

Comes with one mag though, wonder what those will cost.

Nothing like a steel frame pistol.
Mec-Gar mags are OEM and are cheaper than Browning label. They used to be fifteen or twenty bucks a pop. Not sure what they are in the current market.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
Seems like a winning idea, as this truly was an unmet need till now, at anything like that price point anyway. If they did a good job this should be a good success.

·
Super Moderator
26,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unless I was seeing things, the Springfield mags have their logo on them, otherwise those are just normal MecGars which are fantastic quality. When I buy spare mags for pistols like the BHP or 75 series, I get MecGar, because they are the supplier to many gun companies, especially ones based in Europe.

Been looking around for one of these pistols, but no luck locally as of yet.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Probably one of the most exciting gun releases in recent memory.
I was on the phone to 5-6 distributors and was told not yet by all of them.
I'm hoping that SA won't pull a "HELLCAT" on retailers and make these available ASAP.
I had about 5 phone calls alone on these today and expect more throughout the week.
I hope that SA has they shit together and can get these out in a timely fashion and keep
up with the expected demand. I'd be in the market for one myself if i didn't just pickup a mint
late 70's Belgian HP last month for $700 out the door.....But then again... I could use a shooter too!

Reactions: JoeMomma

·
Registered
299 Posts
I like the revival of a metal frame pistol. Plastic has good uses, but firearms are supposed to be something that lasts many generations. Plastic seems to have a life limit of 25 years.

There are some 80's era pistols that remain in production, and others that would be worth reviving.
Interesting, patents apparently last 17 or 20 years, and then the design becomes public domain. There are some pretty good opportunities to make money and really fun firearms for anyone with an appropriate license and access to machining and casting.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts