AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread was inspired by TRAAKS. Super easy. Two pound pork roast in the crock pot with a pack of burrito seasoning. Cook six to eight hours. Shred after cooking. Serve on six inch corn or flour tortillas, I prefer corn. Garnish with salsa, onions, jalapenos and cheese. Yummy and simple.

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
This thread was inspired by TRAAKS. Super easy. Two pound pork roast in the crock pot with a pack of burrito seasoning. Cook six to eight hours. Shred after cooking. Serve on six inch corn or flour tortillas, I prefer corn. Garnish with salsa, onions, jalapenos and cheese. Yummy and simple.
Man that looks good..best drive that huntin Panzer into the wind for a while after that...lol...:cool:

Inspired ? How about a hot drink thread..you know, hot chocklate or coffee...maybe a toddy?

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
Inspired...hum...How about a thread for the best AK Forum snowman? Now that could get very interesting...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
-20 windchill and high of 4. Chicken soup weather for sure...

·
Registered
978 Posts
MMM....tacos are good, but weather this cold deserves TACO SOUP. Made some last week. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
552 Posts
round here we call that carnitas. I just got through eating the last of mine this weekend. My recipe is alot more complicated though. However, it does include beer.:)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
OK

1) what is burrito seasoning? is this just a packet you buy at the store? or is there an ingredient list?
2) recipe for carnitas please :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ugh...down with Norovirus, and all this food sounds wonderful but I ain't kept nothing down for 2 days.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
ok, I've got to give this a shot then. thanks!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're welcome. I actually didn't get around to making mine until today. Making the house smell GOOD. Would still like some ideas to enhance them though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
An old Mexican lady explained to me that it's only called carnitas if you fry it up after the slow cooking. She said otherwise you just call it puerco. Dunno. Either preparation is ridiculously good.
We do crisp it up after slow cooking, honestly that's what makes it good. All puerco means is pork. By the way, I also make a badass puerco pibil or cochinita pibil. That's slow cooked pork with achiote sauce served over white rice. It's my all time favorite recipe. Don't even it with chips or tortillas, just by itself with tequila.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
ok, you guys REALLY need to post up some recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts