AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a thread either here on more likely on ARFCOM where we discussed this knive a while back. Everybody called it a Randal knive and we left it as that, well it's not. It's a discontinued Cold Steel bowie knive, I know because I picked one up yesterday. :wink:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
In that part of the world, you do not get respect without having the facial hair of a man.

Right after 9/11, when these guys went in to pave the way for the big operations, they were training and working with the Northern Alliance.

And you have to love this guy, Bones. Dude was in Vietnam, and probably most every otehr conflict since then and is still the tip of the spear.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Dieter122 said:
Stottman said:
Its a cultural thing....SF gets allot of leeway when it comes to that... They also get waivers to drink the local opium tea...

they generally just get a lot of leeway, with most everything from what ive heard
Oh yeah... Even as a support guy, I have not worn BDUs or ACUs in almost 2 years, outside of 24hr duty, jumps, ranges, and deployments.. Worn special BN issued PTs the entire time..

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Jake,lets see the knife! :grin:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I had orders that were later cancelled due to my deployment cycle ending. My orders stated that I would get $500 for a civilian clothing allowance. Growing your hair out or beard was encouraged.

The pictures just made me think of it. Also saw a few people at Rhein Main that looked like that guy.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The dude with no shirt is not in the Army. We caught shit for it, but he isn't one of ours.

So does anyone in SOCEUR wear uniforms? I know none of our guys did when they were LNO's. MAN you guys have it rough! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
698 Posts
PvtPyle said:
The dude with no shirt is not in the Army. We caught shit for it, but he isn't one of ours.

So does anyone in SOCEUR wear uniforms? I know none of our guys did when they were LNO's. MAN you guys have it rough! :mrgreen:
I can't say he is or he ain't. There have been discussions that he is a SOG soldier. I believe that photo was taken after an attck on the new president in Afgan.( If I remember correctly, years ago. ) You can see his hand is bleeding or at least has someones blood on it.
Like I said there have been folks to say he is a U.S. SOG soldier used in the begining to guard the VIP of Afgan. I know they was being used for this. I just can't put money down if this guy is or isn't. .. WarDawg

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
to add...Sept 5 2002

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asia ... index.html

This part is what I remember specifically in the SOF article...

security for Karzai, fired back, killing the gunman instantly.

Two other men near the gunman also were killed, but it was not immediately clear if they died in the crossfire or were shot by the gunman.
because it showed a picture in the article of all 3 men laying on the ground.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
SturmGrenadier said:
to add...Sept 5 2002

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asia ... index.html

This part is what I remember specifically in the SOF article...

security for Karzai, fired back, killing the gunman instantly.

Two other men near the gunman also were killed, but it was not immediately clear if they died in the crossfire or were shot by the gunman.
because it showed a picture in the article of all 3 men laying on the ground.
The shirtless guy "Mexican bandit" was a SEAL if I remember correctly.... That might explain why 2 out of the 3 guys killed in the incident were actually trying to stop the gunman....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts