AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to Sellars on the phone. They picked out 50 excellent condition kits. He said the wood was dirty, but no scratches, gouges, or chips missing.

LIFE IS GOOD GENTLEMEN!!!

:beer:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I forgot to mention......Sellars is taking photographs because he knows how much everyone loves to see projects start to finish.

I anticipate him posting photos sometime this evening.

·
Registered
82 Posts
WOOO-HOOOOO! :dance: Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
And I forgot to mention......Sellars is taking photographs because he knows how much everyone loves to see projects start to finish.

I anticipate him posting photos sometime this evening.
It's the closest thing to being in the shop seeing these things come to life.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love it when a plan comes together.

I remember when I first started out on GoonsNet.........I said I "wanted to put people in touch with the best kits, the best builders, for the best price...."

I got banned.

Banned because the Gooch was on the "A" list, and Troy Sellars of InRange wasn't paying "extortion" money to David Thornton so I could not mention his name.....

Well....the times are a changin'

I have my own board, and I will point people in the best direction so they can get the best deal....WITH NO PERSON IN THE MIDDLE SKIMMING MONEY!!!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
SER

Well thought and organized. Nice job. Thanks for this great opportunity!
:cool:
Marco

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: SER

Marco said:
Well thought and organized. Nice job. Thanks for this great opportunity!
:cool:
Marco
I could not have done it without a great builder that knows how to put an AK together......Kudos to InRange for jumping onboard on such short notice. Troy Sellars is doing this project after his regular workday, in the evenings. He's doing it for all of us here on the AK Forum.

Special thanks to the members who signed up for this Special Edition Rifle. Without them, we would not be having this project.

We already saw some photos that JOHNO posted of the groups he shot with his SA85. It's a great variant in the AK family, and comes from a factory (FEG) known quality in the weapons they manufacture.

I believe everyone will be very pleased with their rifle.

KF

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Krinkfreak, JOHNO, Troy, and all involved on this project!!! Glad everything worked out. Sounds like these are going to be really nice rifles. Now comes the hard part; WAITING !! But, It'll be worth it!!

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the pics just now from Sellars:

Troy and Ryan (Guns & More) took off early this morning for the four hour trip to Centerfire. I called him a couple of times while he was on the way and after he got there....he had to hang up once because they were elbow deep in the boxes, hand selecting the kits. He said they went through 200 and pulled out 50 of the best ones.

The wood on these kits is great. They appear dirty/dark in the photo, but they are going to look excellent after we conduct the clinic to refinish the wood.

Ryan busy digging through the boxes....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
The wood on these kits are great. They appear dirty/dark in the photo, but they are going to look excellent after we conduct the clinic to refinish the food.

Refinish the food!!! I knew these kits were going to be sweet, but good enough to eat!!! ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bigale said:
So tell us about this clinic? is it going to be a tutorial you post on here?
Yes. Once everyone receives their SER, we will walk everyone through the refinish clinic. Step by step, photo by photo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is so exciting.
Thanks for putting this offer together.
Looking forward to watching the progress of these kits become
50 works of art!

:smile:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got to jump in and say
??Yeah buddy???? I know wear I?ll be campin
Man This is the S*** and this group of people,
Fantastic job,
Hay cretin people draw together,
Glad to be a member, Thanks for this forum.
This wait is going to be grueling for me,
keep the pictures coming!! my kid wants to put a power
point Presentation together as a project,
Beginning to end.

how much space do you have krinkfreak?. lol

:animak: O

·
Registered
82 Posts
A big THANK YOU, to Krinkfreak and Troy Sellars! Great going guys. Hope this is just a start to where this site is headed!

****. :grin:

1 - 20 of 166 Posts