AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do some have the manufacturer mark molded small up by the hilt and some large on the flat of the handle? Which if either is more desireable and what are they worth anywho? I looked on the web but I can's seem to find the answers to these questions. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I assume you are referring to the Ishevsk type II's. The one with the larger triangle on the handles side is more valuable, and more rare than the one with the arsenal mark on the grip slope.

The Tula made variation with the arrow inside of a star is more valuable than either of the izzys though.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what I am refering to. Thanks! I had given up on getting a reply. My next question is what should I expect to pay for one?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can find the one with an izzy triangle on the grip slope for $50.00 if you look around. alot... On average, I see them go between 60 and 70.

Izzy on the side of the handle, maybe 25 dollars more or so.

Tula star, pushing 100.

Now, if you look around long enough, you'll find that there are people out there who don't know the difference, and also people who don't know what they are at all. Those are the people you want to buy from, because the bayonet will usually be under priced by quite a bit. I've seen all of these go for sub 50 dollars and I've seen all of them go for over a hundred.

I picked up an izzy on the grip slope for 25 bucks a few months back. Serialized too. The guy selling it insisted that it was a WWII German bayonet that his father had brought back from the war.

So I smiled and told him I didn't really know anything about military knives but I was interested in learning. I paid the man, and said thank you.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
The Tula made variation with the arrow inside of a star is more valuable than either of the izzys though.
Do you have a photo of this logo/arsenal mark on a Kalashnikov bayonet?

·
Registered
143 Posts
That was my mistake... I was typing it up fast and didn't catch it myself.

The Tula star arsenal stamp on the bayonets does not have an arrow inside of it.

This picture is from Tantal's site. A great reference site for Kalashnikov bayonets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts