AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new neighbor has a Type 1 Russian AK (underfolder) The thing is beautiful and he's not really a big collector...more of just a guy that has some guns just to have them and shoot occasionally. I'm thinking of offering him my new SAS M7 or my SAM-7 SF as a one on one trade for the rifle...possibly with some cash. What does a complete, correct, semi auto T-1 go for?

CMS

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a semi. I'll get some pics when I can. I'm not sure who did the receiver. It does not have reinforcing ribs but other than that looks great. I didn't look to see if all parts match but everything looked great on the rifle. My first instinct was to say "holy f*$k". After that I just drooled a little bit. What would a good solid semi auto clone go for? How about a complete kit? At worst I'd just get it demilled and rebuilt on a better receiver. What would a kit be worth then?

CMS

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And...with the price estimate you're suggesting, I'm guessing my SAS M-7 and a RRA AR-15 Lower (complete) would be a good deal if he'll go for it. I'll try getting pictures tomorrow. If I can would you be willing to look them over and let me know which parts (if any) are not true to a T-1.

CMS

· Registered
8,159 Posts
cms81586 said:
And...with the price estimate you're suggesting, I'm guessing my SAS M-7 and a RRA AR-15 Lower (complete) would be a good deal if he'll go for it. I'll try getting pictures tomorrow. If I can would you be willing to look them over and let me know which parts (if any) are not true to a T-1.

CMS
I think for what it is, the SAS M-7 and RRA AR-15 complete lower would actually still be a little light on your side. But you might get lucky and he takes it.

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know but if he's happy with the transaction and so am I then we both win out. I'm not looking to buy it and turn a profit on it. I'd love to have the rifle as one of the ultimate rare AK items. Does anyone have a link to any T-1 Kits either for sale now or that recently sold? Thanks,

CMS

· Premium Member
4,327 Posts
thirtycal said:
What? Some random neighbor who isn't an AK collector has a Type 1 just sitting in his gun safe? WTF? Come on man we need photos.

Thirtycal

random gun collector with a T1 kit gun? truth really is stranger than fiction.....must see pics!

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Richard W. said:
How did you identify it as a T1? Barrel parts?

Was any of the original receiver stub used in the semi build?
The grip gave it away at first...then the receiver. I'm not 100% sure if the rest of it is true. I'll get some pics up when I can.

CMS

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ironeagle16 said:
turbothis said:

Do they make airsoft t1? Might be nice as a wall hanger? Hope the deal works... Must have t1 pics.
Def not airsoft. I handled it...it's a real AK. I just don't know jack shit about it. I'll talk to him next time I get a chance to see what he says.

CMS

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.