AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if I've missed something that makes this notice redundant, but in case you've used this guide as much as I have, you may want to save this Google spreadsheet as an Excel file (I just copied and pasted into a blank worksheet). When I brought it up, got a message that the original poster has deleted it from his hard drive and it will disappear from Google soon. Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CPK7sbEC&hl=en&authkey=CPK7sbEC#gid=0

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
It's got some mistakes but it's still a very, very good reference, and a good rough guide. I guess it was an ongoing work in progress type of thing that didn't get a lot of updating the last few years. Like all published information of this type, as time goes on and we learn more, there will be mistakes, from any source, book, website, thread posting, you name it. Ask me how I know,, hehe. We just need to value each one for their strengths and keep in mind the difficulty involved in accurately compiling a list of this type.

Just a heads up, you can download it to your computer and view it but when you open it, it tries to connect to Google.com and does Lord knows what after that, probably downloads all you computer files to Google, haha. But seriously, I hate using Google products, they are so interconnected with surveillance and data mining. Did you guys know every time you use Google Chrome it makes a permanent log on Google servers of every webpage you visit, and Lord knows what else it collects? Keyloggiing, keyword logging, and what else? Adding you to lists of gun owners, political groups, I guess? Same thing with using Google's GMail, they save all your personal e-mails for their own private use, it even says so in the contract you sign of on. I bet every time you visit that AKM list it records your name and address. Don't think they don't know who you are, either. I'm not quite sure why hat list wa sput on a Google-run page anyway. I guess it was just convenient at the time.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
I hope the original owner does not mind, but I made these snapshots some years ago and merged the images together to form a complete table in JPEG format I could read offline. I just hated having to log onto Google servers to read it and i like dealiing with plain old picture files anyway, You can't edit it, of course, or slide the column headers around to change anything, but it's a good freeze frame of the data as it stands now, and I think most of it's readable, at least it is to me.

If the originating author does not want this pasted here, LMK and i'll delete it. Anyone who wants it, please save it to your computer ASAP. I have it temporarily hosted on my website server for now just so you guys can grab a simple image copy without having to muck with Google's system.

Please keep in mind I do not own this work, I did not help compile it, and I have neither vetted this info, in full, or tried to correct any errors I may think I've found in it.

TULA:

IZHEVSK:

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Overall they did an awesome job putting this together.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I can't get it to save to my computer.....this is something that really needs to be preserved.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
For us old farts that don't like messing with fancy spreadsheet programs, just save the image files I posted to your computer

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
I can't get it to save to my computer.....this is something that really needs to be preserved.
Which version, the spreadsheet or my image files?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
If someone can be sure to save it for me, as I am at dinner right now, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I saved it 4 ways .... .XLS (older excel) .XLS (newer excel), .PDF, and .CSV. PM me your email and I will send one or all

·
Registered
941 Posts
Which version, the spreadsheet or my image files?
The spreadsheet...I was able to save your version.

It would be awesome if someone could take the information contained on this "features guide" and the "Tula and Izhevsk serial numbers" and update them with all the information we have learned and acquired since then along with all the additional serial numbers (such as the ones on the Desert Fox Outfitters trunnions), then save it here as a sticky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts