AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, where does one find one of those Soviet Afghan era 'boonie' brimmed style hots? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
What size do you need? I can get them easily here in Afghanistan, size 58 or smaller is easiest. I've seen size 59 but not for some time. These are unissued with star. forget how much they were, but were about $20

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Size....well I'm not sure, never had a fitted hat to tell you size. I have a pretty big head, tape says bout 24" Around..... :lol:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well what would you say you are?

a small, a medium, large, or extra large?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the chart Sturm!
Alright fellas, I'd say min. size 58 / 7 1/4 US.
Anybody help me out?? DaveHal 9000????

:grin:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I'll try to get up there in the next couple of days and grab one. I'll also do the customary size 59 check for those who have asked.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Got up there today and found a size 58, but the woman running the booth went Elvis. Waited almost an hour for her. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
297 Posts
davehal9000 said:
Got up there today and found a size 58, but the woman running the booth went Elvis. Waited almost an hour for her. I'll keep trying.
If you can find a 59 I would be interested in one. Thanks! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I keep checking in for 59s. I bought the last two she had months ago, and I'm hoping my recent purchase of a 58 will cause her to resupply and maybe get some 59s in.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I've seen a few tanker's helmets over here from time to time. I'll ask on both. Looking for winter or summer weight?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
summer please, and what's the largest boonie hat size you can find? I got a big head :grin:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
She had a couple of size 59 Panamas a couple of months ago, which i bought. I keep asking if she can get more, but so far no joy. I'm hoping she'll come up with more though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think Vlad at soviet army stuff has some 59 sized panamas. Not sure though. I know that he has size 60 and mine should becoming in this week.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Be aware that a lot of these in the bigger sizes will probably not be authentic ones so I would check with some reference photos, as during the Soviet Afghan war most of the sizes produced were small and made for soldiers that were quite thin and small.

·
Registered
297 Posts
davehal9000 said:
I keep checking in for 59s. I bought the last two she had months ago, and I'm hoping my recent purchase of a 58 will cause her to resupply and maybe get some 59s in.
Cool...thanks. Just let me know if you come across a 59 as that should work for me.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Be aware that a lot of these in the bigger sizes will probably not be authentic ones so I would check with some reference photos, as during the Soviet Afghan war most of the sizes produced were small and made for soldiers that were quite thin and small.
I'm getting these in Afghanistan. They're as authentic today as they were the day the Soviets sold/traded them to the Afghanis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts