AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Not worth the price when military mags are much cheaper and better. They're usable but something I wouldn't put in my SHTF stash.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I haven't personally used them. I haven't read anything positive about them, however. I would just buy surplus Combloc. I am looking forward to the Gen2 Magpuls, though.

·
Banned
60 Posts
The ones I've seen don't come anywhere near the quality of the brand new Bulgarian Steel mags CDNN is selling. And most cost the same or more.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I had a Korean 33rd mag for my G17. Only used it once. Only time I had a failure to feed on my glock.
Same here. Absolute junk.
Going back to the Korean AK mags, I wouldn't even suggest them for range use.
I had one of the 40 rounders loaded up 38 or maybe 39 rounds.
I dropped the gun by accident from about waist height.
The mag deformed from the impact so severely that it couldn't be straightened enough to run ammo at the range.
It literally ended up in the trash can, where it did a terrific job of weighing down the bottom of the garbage sack.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I had tested these two years ago. They were roughly 10.5 oz which is 1 oz less than the romanian mag I had on hand. Both 30 and 40 rounders felt "cheap" as the poster above stated, but not 'pro-mag cheap'. I did not put them under much stress, and others have observed that the welds might not be welds at all, but rather a type of press fit that utilized glue. I traded mine long ago, so cannot confirm these observations. The 30 rounders functioned flawlessly for me, the 40 rounders did not. If they get below the $4 they would be worth buying, but with so much com block surplus still under $10, I dont see these winning any converts for the reasons above.

THAT BEING SAID: They did get the body geometry right, though the 40 rounder we had seemed to have spring/follower issues (rounds wouldn't advance).
img0655s.jpg
img0656d.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts