AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if South Africa was and still is equipped with R4 (South African version of IMI Galil) they have seen an exstensive use of AK'S family by some of their army forces ( 32 Batatlion, Recces, Koevoet and eventually by the police at the borders)

32 Battalion

SA SF deployed in Angola masquerade as guerrilla for ops behind enemy lines.

Cuban soldier deployed in Angola

·
Registered
970 Posts
awsomness

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Rhodesian SAS used to leave piles of blue jeans around- the reason- why? The pants had a poison in them that poisoned/killed the rebels who wore them.....

IIRC, when SA changed govt's, a lot of their weapons were sold off or destroyed including large numbers of the R4's.....

You need the RPD that the Rhodesian SAS used that had the cut down stock/barrel.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did never hear about the poisoned blue jeans but i ignore so much things, i'll investigate about it.

SA government used to destroy used SF material or SF surplus to keep the most secret as possible about men and their involvment in pseudo operations behind enemy lines. About R4 i don't know.

The RPD posted is Hungarian, it's not an original era one coming from there.It's Deactivated.

I have several others dressed mannequins if anyone interested. It's my passion so i would share happily.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cubanos packing Soviet AK74 mag pouches with their 762 AKs? The mags fit, I just didn't know that they did that. Interesting. And chicom slings and chest rig? Angola was like the commie Super Friends and shit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cubanos packing Soviet AK74 mag pouches with their 762 AKs? The mags fit, I just didn't know that they did that. Interesting. And chicom slings and chest rig? Angola was like the commie Super Friends and shit.
Hi Jek, yes, in Angola arrived all sort of Com Block stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts