AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a romy g kit on a nodak receiver I built many years ago. All matching original barrel kit I bought back when they were $99. Crushed the rivets with bolt cutters and barreled it with allthread, didnt check the headspace ( just line the barrel groove back up again, it will be good) checked it tonight with C.I.P. spec gauges and it`s spot. on I built it for someone back then and he recently needed some cash so.... it`s home again. Never letting this one go. I might re-build it on a childers or recreator, I`m looking for some very nice romy wood. I have a proper sling and slant break on the way. Yes thats a PSL rail, it wasnt a sin to do stuff like that back then......
Air gun Wood Trigger Machine gun Shotgun
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Shotgun

·
Registered
63 Posts
yep ive had a few guns come back home when buddies needed money it happens. I would rather have the guns than the money guns always go up in value so to me they are worth more than money. good job!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I relate with ya’ll on this one.
When I have interactions with friends or acquaintances I tell them that one condition of the sale is that if they decide to re-sell later to call me and give me the opportunity to buy it back.
I have had a couple come back over the years. 👍

·
Registered
28 Posts
My first firearm ever was a 1943 Izzy Mosin Nagant. I actually tried hunting down pictures of the serial number at one point so I could call the gun store I sold it to and try to get it back. No dice, haha.

Notably, I was 18 and stupid. I ruined it by stripping the shellac and finishing with linseed oil. Sold it to the gun store for a profit but I'd pay a thousand for it now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have never had a build come back as I don't sell them. The reason is not wanting to get rid of a build & then being ticked off because I sold it.

By the way, nice rifle!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought an FNC in 1984 for $450. Stupid me sold it for college money in 1989. I never found the one I sold, but I did find the same model a few serial numbers off a couple years ago.

It’s Cold War Pre-ban goodness lol.

Camouflage Military camouflage Musical instrument Luggage and bags Military uniform
Camouflage Ballistic vest Military camouflage Luggage and bags Marines

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have never had a build come back as I don't sell them. The reason is not wanting to get rid of a build & then being ticked off because I sold it.

By the way, nice rifle!
Im with you dude...Thats my blood sweat and yes, sometimes tears too! No way I'm selling to someone just because they got more money than brains. I build them for me to have fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts