AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things i think about when i think about TSHTF, is infra-red technology. If I find myself on the run, or needing to move at night, i think...
"Well, how am i gonna defeat IR?"

I have thought of some things, like rigging a moble tarp cover (bottomless box-type umbrella) to remain under that would remain at air/wind temperature, effectively masking my body's signal from surveillance coming from the sky, but how effective would that really be???? What about "hunters" on the ground?

I know that i, nor anyone, really knows what the conditions are gonna be if and when TSHTF... and they may be different for different groups of people.
But this is one of the things that i have wondered about, and if anyone has any thoughts, short of an IR-Defeating Predator Chameleon Suit, i would appreciate to hear them.

p.s. if anyone does actually have ideas for an IR-Defeating Predator Chameleon Suit............

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wow, you are paranoid. best thing I can offer is go as far into the woods and keep as low of a profile as you can. I dont forsee any other countries invading us. More or less a civil war type thing. or something like the hurricanes, or rodney king snowballing out of control untill they have to call in the national guard or the military. In that case I think they would be more interested in getting the people causing the trouble. Not packs of nomadic groups living off the land in the woods and keeping to themselves. I really dont think they are gonna be sweeping every square inch of the woods with IR trying to round up every human they can find.....But then again I dont know. Thats why I plan on hitting the woods and not poking my head out untill I know its all over. :neutral:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dieter122 said:
do what they did in Predator the movie, coat yourself in mud hahaha...

In all honesty I dont know what to do....

but for nightvision you have options
I come up short on the night vision issue also.

Hook a brutha up if you get a chance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unless your SHTF situation involves a shootout with police followed by a long car chase down a highway followed by you bailing out into the woods only to have a helicopter and millions of Americans watching you on TV, I wouldn't wprry.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just listed all the conditions you gave, and will from this point on be totally aware of circumstances that might chronologically fit into your requirements. Thanks for the heads up. :troll:

p.s. I am just glad someone has it all figured out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts