AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this recently and thought it might be interesting to share a couple of photos of it - especially for the Chinese military canvas collector folks.

It's a military dropcase for the Chinese Type 56 rifle (apologies for the Russian AKM clone in the photo - I didn't have a Chinese AK at the time and needed something for size comparison):

The left side:

The markings inside:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have lots of Chinese rifles, please send it to me immediately!!! :twisted:

Cool find!

I have a Chinese SKS drop case.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will see if I can get more - this one was kind of a test to see if the dude I got it from would carry through. Surprisingly, he did.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
If more of these are available, I would like one for my partially debanned MAK 90.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Per availability, I'd like to purchase two of them!

Great find, man!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
yej0001 said:
Sorry; the Chinese characters say "Type 56 Squad Submachine Gun" (RPD)
RPD would not fit in that bag and it has 7.62 on it also. What about the 3521 not 5621?

·
Banned
329 Posts
My typo. It should be 3521 that is a factory code. 5621 was my error in typing. Sorry

This is for the Type 56-1 light machine gun use. Not for AK.

Chinese call RPD the Type 56 Squad Machine Gun. I have not heard Type 56-1 Squad Machine Gun before. My guess is that PLA had a folding stock form of the RPD for paratroopers use, and they named the folding stock PRD Type 56-1, in a similar fashion that they called their folding stock AK 56-1

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the translation. I'll check on the fit with an RPD and an RPK-style rifle but I believe Stuart is right - it won't fit in this one based upon the size.

I'm not familiar with ever seeing or reading about a Chinese folding stock RPD.

·
Banned
329 Posts
I have never heard or seen Chinese folding stock RPD either; just a speculation because someone mentioned that RPD would not fit into this drop case. The Chinese characters definitely says Type 56-1 squad machine gun (RPD). I grew up in China and know Chinese well. You may want to post the picture in other gun sites and someone may be able to confirm that.
Regardless, very interesting item indeed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts