AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold a Polish magazine back in april to AKRAIDER.
I was going out of town so I went ahead and shipped prior to recieving payment.
I know this was not a smart move but it was a judgement call and my part.
AKRAIDER said he mailed 2 $50's via priority mail.
I got back from vacation and expected that payment arrived but it hadn't.
I contacted AKRAIDER and he sent a USPS mo this time and it showed up three days later.

Well out of the blue yesterday USPS dropped off a letter.
USPS priority mail Dated April 1st. Inside it was 2 $50's.
AKRAIDER sent it when he said he did. I will not lie, I did have my doubts that he did originally send it. But it turns out I was wrong......

a USPS money order is being sent back to him on monday via priority mail.

· Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Some times people do send payment when they said they do

thanks for the suggestion.
I don't think they can do anything with it unless they work for the post office.
I will see if I can edit the pic, if not it isn't a big deal.

· Registered
8,159 Posts

As long as the tracking number is displayed, one can track it and know when to expect it to arrive. After that, it's up to the bad guy (can get with that post office and arrange for pick-up, re-direct, etc.). You can do a lot with it. Trust me. :wink:

Besides, why the heck advertise it for everyone else to see on a public forum? Just send the individual involved the tracking number and just say in a forum message that it's on its way. But if you're comfortable with revealing that much information in this day and age of technology, rock on.

· Registered
248 Posts

I have a similar story. I sold an air rifle to a gentleman recently, he sent a cashiers check via Priority Mail. Should have been here in 3-4 days. Instead, it finally showed up after almost a month. He had delivery confirmation on it, which was pretty much useless. Looking up the tracking online, all it said until the day it showed up was basically "we have received your item at our local distribution center" which was where he mailed it from. The postmark showed that he had sent it the day he said he did. Unfortunately by then he had stopped the check and sent a new one, assuming it was lost. This time he used Fedex, it showed up before the old one did. He ended up paying $25 for the check stop, plus the Fedex fee, because someone at USPS dropped it down a rabbit hole or something for a month.

· Registered
8,159 Posts

No worries. I'm in this field of work and cringe when folks give too much information.

For example, with that tracking number and little delivery information, one can contact that post office and obtain individual's name and address. From then on, the possibilities are endless with what can be done. Very easy nowadays. Especially if you do the hard work for the bad guys.

· Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

its edited.. you happy now? :allright:

and since my name, address, phone # is public record anyway it doesn't matter...... Google "DrugRunR"
You get alot of info......

· Registered
7,630 Posts

I had a seat customer garble my street number. Rest was correct. Took USPS SIX weeks to get it to me. There are only like eight houses on my street and my name is unique for gawds sake.

Yeah, the customer messed up. But it sure took forever for them to do something with it. Had they showed the damned thing to my postman, he'd have said "Yeah, I know that guy.". :doh:

Glad it arrived for you!

· Registered
1,651 Posts

Sidecarnutz said:
I had a seat customer garble my street number. Rest was correct. Took USPS SIX weeks to get it to me. There are only like eight houses on my street and my name is unique for gawds sake.

Yeah, the customer messed up. But it sure took forever for them to do something with it. Had they showed the damned thing to my postman, he'd have said "Yeah, I know that guy.". :doh:

Glad it arrived for you!
This happened because most stuff you mail never gets looked at by a set of eyes until it is in your carrriers delivery tray, presorted in walk sequence for his route. It is all done by opticical scanners, barcodes and automated sorting equipment. The computer could not find the screwed up street address and it probably got looped around for a bit till it went dead letter then it got eyeballed and manually sorted.

The computer did not recognize your uniqueness :grin:

· Registered
1,651 Posts

DrugRunR said:
and since my name, address, phone # is public record anyway it doesn't matter...... Google "DrugRunR"
You get alot of info......
Guy with a name of DrugRunR getting $50.00's in cash in the mail :roll: ....probably late cause it sat on a postal inspectors desk for a bit...lol

Remember just cause you don't see them watching dosen't mean they arn't.. :grin:

· Registered
1,459 Posts

similar thing happened.I sent some muzzle nuts and they didn't show up and it was about 2 weeks or so,so I sent a new set right away and they arrived in about 4 days and low and behold the first set finally showed up WITH the second set.ya just never know what they do on their smoke breaks. I think it's a conspiracy I tell ya.

· Registered
636 Posts

DrugRunR said:
I went ahead and shipped prior to recieving payment.
You trusted that AKraider would send the money.

AKRAIDER said he mailed 2 $50's via priority mail.
AKraider trusted that you hadn't ripped him off.

I contacted AKRAIDER and he sent a USPS mo this time and it showed up three days later.
...and he sent you another $50 based on that trust.

a USPS money order is being sent back to him on monday via priority mail.
And when the first payment showed up, instead of putting it in your pocket, you sent it back to him and closed the circle.

What seems to have been lost in this thread is that two strangers on the internet, connected only by this forum, managed to behave like civilized adults and complete a transaction despite circumstances beyond their control, without things turning into one of those tedious public pissing contests that seem so common.

Kudos to both you and AKraider; you're proof that there are decent people out there among all the idiots.

· Registered
1,782 Posts

I bought a K98 .22 kit on gunbroker. Sent the guy the Pmosney order for $500, but it was near thanksgiving.

he never got it, 3 weeks later I cancel that postal money order and instead send a check to him. takes another TWO weeks.
and he finally received the check AND the money order on the same day. so he cashed the chek becasue I was already getting a money order refund.

its good to be polite and honest and patient in this hobby. LOts of great people here and this shows that sometimes, the check "really CAN be in the mail" :)

· Registered
422 Posts

What TRX said. BIG +1 for both of them! That is why I spend so much time
on this forum don't have a second thought about buy from some one here.

· Registered
7,131 Posts

MT to SC? Judging from the time, it must have went by horseback.

· Banned
4,298 Posts

You gotta watch out for that akraider, I don't know why I keep dealing w/him, sheesh... :goof:

I think he was a little paranoid after that ordeal...

· Registered
3,159 Posts

That one bugged the heck out of me...it made me look like a dead beat and caused Charles some concern (and rightfully so)...but thankfully it's all turned out for the best...Charles was patient and courteous throughout and has shown himself to be an honorable man...if circumstances present themselves, I look forward to doing business with him in the future but I think we'll try paypal or something else next time :wink:...and finally, my expereince here on AKforum has been that by in large we have an extremely high concentration of very honest and dependable people in the membership and I think the forum rules and the mods and administrators have labored long and hard to keep the asscans out of here...for that we should all be thankful...

· Premium Member
10,416 Posts

For the most part,....................we have a pretty good and trustworthy crew here. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.