AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as the title says this is tentative. I have not had an opportunity to speak with Arsenal directly about this.

This info is coming from a second party who did talk with Arsenal at the SHOT Show though.

The SLR-107A1 will be available before the SLR-108 will be. Hopefully this summer we'll see both, with the SLR-108 later in the year.

I know, I know.............and I'm not a very patient guy either, but one thing I did learn when I was dealing their rifles is that they are very much at the mercy of the parent company Arsenal Bulgaria and if they're all tied up, then it screws up operations here in the States.

When I get harder info, I'll pass it on.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
OK, time for truth time from me. To me they are ALL just AK-47's. What is a 107A1 and a 108? Milled, stamped, 7.62x39, 223 or whatever? After all not EVERYBODY lives, breaths, and has sex with an AK. :grin: Not knocking it, just some of us are weird that way.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SLR-108 will be an AKM with the black synthetic US stock set on it, but otherwise it's a true AKM in 7.62x39mm.

The SLR-107A1 is basically an AK-103 with a fixed stock. 90* gas block and 24mm AK-74 front sight block. 7.62x39mm

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Any idea if the 108 receiver will have AKM features or be closer to a 74?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I have an Arsenal and I love it, so please forgive me for the following heresy. I have tried to contact them regarding a question I had on my rifle and to this day have still not received any type of answer at all. :neutral: I look forward to the new series and am sold on the quality of their goods, but I think the 'after the sale' aspect could use a bit of work. I still plan to purchase Arsenal rifles in the future.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
xcibes, I thought I had repented. :grin:

You have to understand that I have been shot by a couple of AK's and at one time said "I will NEVER have an AK". I 'think' I am up to 14 or 15 of them right now. :twisted:

One of these days hopefully someone will make a list in one place that will have receiver type, barrel length, caliber, and so on and so on. Yes I know I am talking about a BOOK, but it is needed. Especially here in the US with all the different type mods to comply with strange gun restricktions.

Right now I am concentrating on 223 AK's in my little world. Yes I know the Russians don't do 223, but it is alot easier to get than 5.45.

Learning about AK's is the main reason I am here. There now all my sins are out there for the world to see. :shotz:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I believe the reason they are having a hard time or should I say taking thier time is the war. They are making alot of money with these Government contracts. That market right now is much bigger than the civilian market. Good old capitolism.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I think its possible but they may be leary about commiting tooling and machinery with the wishy washy gun laws we have.Right now,everything is great but what happens if we have a rash of School shootings and they initiate another ban.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
JOHNO said:
I think its possible but they may be leary about commiting tooling and machinery with the wishy washy gun laws we have.Right now,everything is great but what happens if we have a rash of School shootings and they initiate another ban.
or Hillaryor some other leftist gungrabber gets elected.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hey Fellas,

Don't overlook the Armory USA SSR-85C-2. It's a really nice AK variant...also built in Bulgaria. It resembles the 108, save for Elm furniture and an AK-47 style FSB. Very sharp and built like a tank.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
These have been in the works for almost 2 years. I hope we see them soon. Or atleast by the end of the year. I'm looking forward to the SLR-107 A1 R.

Any updates since Shot Show?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts