AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled a few pictures off of my external hard drive. Enjoy.

IED Blast...no caualties in this one.

Inspecting kariz lines...

Massive Pot Fields...

Hang It!

VZ-58's in Kandahar

Love/Hate relationship with the locals. Some like us and others...not so much.

A little down time to enjoy a nice smoke

Results of a 500lbs bomb. There's a few insurgents buried in there.

Canadian Leopard. These guys tore some shit up and their 120mm smooth bores were a comforting sound.

Some ANP equipment...mostly beat to hell.

Our first FOB...not bad really.

Some Kiowa support. These guys saved our asses more often than I can count.

Much needed water resupply...

Evac for the wounded...

The ANA have nice shiny new M24's and a baggie of delinked M80 ball. Slight oxymoron. It dont' matter what ammo they get because they can't shoot for anything.

Some M-14 action...

Of all things I break my finger doing inventories.

Cruising down highway 1.

Some down time...can't miss football.

I have some more I'll post some other time.

CMS

· Super Moderator
26,820 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pics. Sounds like the ANA can shoot just as good as the Iraqis.

· Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Some of the best photos I have seen since 2003. Thanks for sharing and most of all your service.

KF

· Registered
2,046 Posts
Welcome back warrior, hope you're not too tired of eating Pringles and smoking Pine Lights :grin: Those foreign guys w/vz58's under ISAF I'm guessing? They doing anything these days? When I was there ISAF (I Saw Americans Fighting) guys just kind of stayed in the bigger bases and enjoyed the chow, but one of my buddies got back last year and he worked a lot with the French surprisingly enough.

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got back last Sunday so it made for a nice memorial day. I'll get a few more pictures uploaded later on this evening. These photos were from the first 8 months I spent as an FSO with an Infantry Co down in Maywand/Panjway/Zhari Districts west of Kandahar. Then I went back to our FA BN to take a firing PLT where we had a M119, two M189's, and of all things two M120 mortars.

CMS

· Registered
4,271 Posts
CMS glad to see you made it ok [exept for the finger ] i see you can still give the itialian salute.wanted to know was that muzzle break on that AKM made that way or blown out on it's own. god bless

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
caliri47 said:
CMS glad to see you made it ok [exept for the finger ] i see you can still give the itialian salute.god bless

Hey thanks! How are you doing. I didn't make it here as much as I wanted but I saw a thread a while back saying you had some health problems. Said a prayer for you and I hope everything is well!

CMS

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More Pics...

Check out the round still in the fire ball...

Some cool pics on the M198's during a calibration...

ANA and their D-30. The idea of them firing indirect is pretty scary. I'd take a crew of 10 year old kids over these dudes if I needed some fire support.

Field Expedient hesco-ball...

This was from when I was still an FSO. Almost bit it when the damn thing exploded about 15 meters from another soldier and myself...followed by small arms fire. When all was said and done I found this sitting on the ground a few feet from me. I believe it's from a bulgarian RPG rocket. Double Circle 11.

I posted some of these before on here...but here are a few from the helo crash.

CMS

· Registered
713 Posts
CMS, great pictures. Thanks to you for serving and sharing. Welcome home Bro!

PS. Did ya manage to bring home the rocket fragment? I kept a very small piece of 107mm from KAF myself. :wink:

· Registered
2,175 Posts
In the pic with the VZ-58's, looks like the guy on the left has a CZ-82 holster there. I have the same. I am guessing they were Czech soldiers?

That one pic of the mother and child - that kid looks sick. Poor bastard......

Man, that much pot, how do they get the water for that shit in that dust bowl???

Thanks for your service, Hoss!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.