AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought.... I know many theories on how to stop the flow are being thought of by many people/scientists, ect... but...

Could a very large "bladder" capable of be lowered to the well head and somehow fitted over the leaking header. Banding or crimping the tight elastic/rubberized bladder mouth around the well header would allow for oil to flow into the bladder separating it from the ocean water environment where the "umbilical cord" hoses could then be used to pump the oil to the surface??

The bladder would need to be very large to take on significant volumes obviously. The bladder would float right? Kind of like a hot air balloon underwater?? The crude would attempt to rise as the bladder is filled. The hoses attached to the bladder could then serve as collection points where crude could be pumped to the surface into ships???

any other ideas out there?

· Registered
445 Posts
because the sea floor is over a mile deep in that location. deep water drilling is bad juju imo.its almost an act of god how they are able to do deep water production. i used to work on the bp marlin rig back in the day. deepwater rigs arent dirrectly ancored to the ocean floor, they have huge thrusters to keep them in place. when the ocean current would get too strong, they would fly all the non essential contractors off the rig. im actually suprised something like this hasnt happened earlier. to me we shouldnt mess with deep water drilling at all, keep it shallow where divers can go down and fix it instead of robot subs

· Registered
2,422 Posts
unless the hydraulic shut off valve in the blow out preventor was shit to begin with(they say they couldn't activate it due to loss of power caused by the fire up top), I should think they should be able to access the feed line for the valves with one of the ROVs and give them a shot of nitrogen from a hud bottle or the like to close the well valve off

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Dalton Wayne said:
Put a wedding ring around it, it will stop putting out right away :grin:
That would be funny if it wasnt so damn true. I guess they should have tired the "junk shot" method with wedding cake.

· Registered
23,494 Posts
dr1553 said:
Dalton Wayne said:
Put a wedding ring around it, it will stop putting out right away :grin:
That would be funny if it wasnt so damn true. I guess they should have tired the "junk shot" method with wedding cake.

if you did that, Rosie O Donnell and Roseanne barr would follow that down into the hole... get stuck... and BAM no more oil leak!

now that's what I'd call... having your cake and eating it too. *puts on sunglasses* YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.