AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During all the panic I posted an AK online for sale locally. It was posted for a little more than it was worth and it got some interest at first but all lookers dried up. I forgot about it until the other day when I had a guy wanting to buy it. I said OK and he came through with the funds. If I sell a gun I always like to replace it with something gun related. It got me thinking what should I buy. I decided to throw a few hundred more in to get something really nice.

Here is what I first came up with.

2 CZ527s in 7.62x39mm One for me and one for my son when he gets old enough.
1 Springfield TRP. My friend was really talking me into this one. I've always wanted a nice full size 1911
1 Dillon 650. I really wouldn't have the funds to completely set it up but it would start me into a nice progressive.

I was goin back and forth until I got an email that ended all decisions. Who was the email from... CMP.

Should have another 2 service grade M1 Garands in the arsenal by Christmas.
DSC01389.jpg

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'd say the CZ 527s. I have absolutely no experience with them, but I've always thought a bolt gun in x39 would be fun. Plus, father and son twin guns are always cool.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CZ 527 was my top pick until the Garands came up. Figured with all this talk of stopping the importation of surplus arms, I better grab up what I can when I can. Plus if those South Korean Garands were to ever get imported they would likely have Century Arms or something like that engraved on the side of the receiver thus killing a lot of the appeal for me.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
My opinion would be, get a couple more Garands while you can, then a pair of CZ 527s, as you can afford them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Reloading equipment, look for a used Dillon 550/450, stock up now, it will save you in the long run and it is fun.

·
Registered
22,629 Posts
A stack of Hi-Points :p

Reactions: voron

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Post may be a little old but CMP dropped some boxes off at my house. I decided the roll the dice and sell my Korean War era Garand in hopes of getting a 1942ish. Ended up with 3 1943 Springfield’s. Throat erosion on all 3 came in at a 1. Muzzle Erosion is 0 on all. Milled trigger guards on all 3 which would be correct for the receiver date. I’ll try getting pictures in a couple weeks. I was very very lucky with this batch. Going to spend some time degreasing and oiling.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The Garand is a nice choice. I very much see them as a 'get it while you can' type item, especially the CMP ones.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
1 Oz. US Gold Eagle or, alternatively, 1 Oz. Gold Buffalo.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
You obviously had to jump on the Garands, but save your money for a CZ 527. I have one and the set trigger is great. Push it forward to set it and then just touch on it in the rearward direction to get it to fire. Get one and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sold 2 of my ak's during the panic for tarded money. Just used some of that money to buy 3 parts kits im currently waiting on to arrive in the mail. Polish uf, amd63 and 65 all orig barreled kits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts