AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BAD DRIVING RECORD.

This poor girl .......... man I just don't know. This has been since 2011. Plus she had a 2011 Z-28 that was hit 3 times and not her fault.

Now the KIA she has been playing crash up derby with it. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That is the reason insurance rates are high.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
OUCH!

Back when I was an insurance adjuster, we had a girl almost as bad. She's the daughter of a local chiropractor who we insured. I lost track of how many times I paid for their Durango to be fixed after she crashed it. I don't think there was a single panel left on that vehicle that had original parts/paint anymore.

That is the reason insurance rates are high.
No kidding. And they say that, statistically, boys are at a higher risk to get in an accident. That's probably still true. However, in my experience investigating accidents, I found that boys take more risks than girls. The difference, though, is that young men know they are doing something wrong or illegal, but will risk doing it anyway. Girls do some crazy shit, too, but usually have no clue that what they did was wrong or illegal, or why it's wrong or illegal. To me, that's even more scary and I have no clue on how they ever got a driver's license. :eek:

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
Take her phone away and stop letting her drive without supervision. I don't care how old she is, even if these accidents aren't "her fault" there's a lot to be said for defensive driving. There's been plenty of accidents I COULD have been in that wouldn't have been my fault but would have still happened had I not been paying attention.

Also, one of my names is Kasey. Haven't seen many with the K, so kudos to you, sir.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Take her phone away and stop letting her drive without supervision.
and disconnect the stereo. Fewer distractions until she gets more experience.
My cousin, the Lt. at the FD, says most of the girls they pull out of wrecks just weren't paying attention. Or at least, they were paying attention to everything but what they needed to be paying attention to. One of them was the girl who ran the stop sign while playing with her phone and Tboned my mom... right in front of the fire station.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elmoreoocyte said:
Take her phone away and stop letting her drive without supervision. I don't care how old she is, even if these accidents aren't "her fault" there's a lot to be said for defensive driving. There's been plenty of accidents I COULD have been in that wouldn't have been my fault but would have still happened had I not been paying attention.

Also, one of my names is Kasey. Haven't seen many with the K, so kudos to you, sir.

This is not my kid.. I just fix all her mishaps. :twisted: I have people with 5 or 6 claims a year. I have a poor mail man who has hit I know 6 or 7 deer in the last 3 years. I cant say anything I have hit 4 or 5 deer in the last 10 years. I make good money when I hit them. :wink:

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
will36 said:
This is not my kid.. I just fix all her mishaps. :twisted: I have people with 5 or 6 claims a year. I have a poor mail man who has hit I know 6 or 7 deer in the last 3 years. I cant say anything I have hit 4 or 5 deer in the last 10 years. I make good money when I hit them. :wink:
Then take her dad out back and shoot him for putting someone so dangerous on the roads.

Don't really shoot him, but jeez man. Even if its your business at stake do you really want someone this haphazard to be out and about with your family?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
This makes me feel a bit better, I actually hit the car in front of me yesterday when he started moving at a green light then stopped suddenly! :confused:

Still, I recently put my 16-yr-old son on our policy after he got his full license. Just adding him as a driver raised our rates by $160 a month! His car, a 2005 VW Jetta, adds another $75 a month for full coverage. All my vehicles have full coverage, uninsured drivers are a bad problem in this city.

This was my first accident in a very long time, so I'm not too worried about my rates going up. The damage was all cosmetic due to the low speed, no one was hurt either nor was I cited. Still, I've been kicking myself in the ass about it ever since!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts