AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
century AMD65's and century yugos seem to be the way to go.

i could of course slap a folder on my SAR1 and call it a day, but i've been meaning to pick up a second AK for awhile...

do the AMD or yugo have optics rails?

yugos are un-chromed right? otherwise a very nice rifle though from what i understand.

would i be better off buying a MAK90 and installing a folder on that or my SAR?

hmm looks like JG has tantals for under 500. i'm not opposed to rocking a 5.45.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yugo! If you can find one for $500, buy it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Check the Polish section about the Century Tantals keyholing issues, built some with 5.56 bore dia. it seems. Not good.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Not in your price point, but maybe save a little more, and get a Polish
underfolder. (?) You could keep your SAR1 mostly stock, and get the chrome bore.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
You can't put a folding stock on a MAK-90, because of the receiver. You would either have to file down the outside of the stock mounting block on both sides, or file the inside of the receiver. Chinese rifles are 1.5mm thick, the side folders are made for 1.0mm thick receivers.

HOWEVER, I recommend buying a Chinese AK of some sort. Then a Polish or Yugo underfolder. The Yugo rifles are great, I just hate the furniture that comes on them. You can of course get a US copy of the Yugo grip, and Yugo wood, and be good to go. The non chrome lined bore doesn't matter much, my biggest beef with it is the button rifled vs. hammer forged thing that I bring up pretty much whenever the issue of original vs. US barrels comes up. But really, the Yugo rifles are good.

Chinese rifles are tanks, by the way. A 12 ton press after applying heat and PB blaster wouldn't budge the FSB or gas block. The things are assembled with good steel and damn good technique. I admire them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts