1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. none of the people that would start good threads post here anymore
2. Tantal, krinkfreak and other high ranking members have gone dark
3. vendor section has a bunch of crap in it now and half the vendors are gone
should we as a community start looking for another place to go or what?:thumbsdown:
any incite would be appreciated this is the one forum I really enjoy and I dont want to see it die off like so many have

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
Forum Foundry that has taken controlling interest in the board has been making unannounced changes and even the mod staff here is trying to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forum Foundry that has taken controlling interest in the board has been making unannounced changes and even the mod staff here is trying to find out what is going on.
vendors like AIM and apex gone?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Started noticing that myself. Makes me sad, the community here has always been friendly and welcoming unlike a lot of other places on the web.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You gentlemen have nothing to worry about. I'm new here and it's my goal to make this a better forum. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
vendors like AIM and apex gone?
At this time, I would not necessarily say that. Old vendor contract and fees expired at the first of the year. Communication with the old vendors and the newer management going into the this year has a disconnect. It is a fluid situation and I suspect once everything is hashed out, many will be back online as vendors.

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
I dont like change as you can tell lol :moon:
Trust me, I like familiarity also and things being the same when I come back as I left. The mods and legacy admins are doing their best to cover the transition with the new management and to keep board continuity.

·
Banned
950 Posts

Mmmm yah. Hootbro I'm sorry but it looks like I'll need your office. We're gonna ask that you move your desk to storage room C, oh and uh, that's my stapler.

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
Mmmm yah. Hootbro I'm sorry but it looks like I'll need your office. We're gonna ask that you move your desk to storage room C, oh and uh, that's my stapler.

So long as I am on the beach in the end having a drink, I am fine with that. ;)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I've been around here for about 7 or 8 years and it has changed...I've always been more quiet than vocal here because I really know so little when compared to others that have been/are here...I see some of the ole' experts are still active in certain forums but there's definitely a different thing about the place now...I think as long as the excellent work of the mods and technical advisers continue it will still be a purty good place to hang one's hat...I also think that the ones that helped make this such a good place have a responsibility to continue to keep it that way no matter how much change occurs...:smileak:

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
I've been around here for about 7 or 8 years and it has changed...I've always been more quiet than vocal here because I really know so little when compared to others that have been/are here...I see some of the ole' experts are still active in certain forums but there's definitely a different thing about the place now...I think as long as the excellent work of the mods and technical advisers continue it will still be a purty good place to hang one's hat...I also think that the ones that helped make this such a good place have a responsibility to continue to keep it that way no matter how much change occurs...:smileak:
The board has always emphasized the technical aspect and will continue that trend. Given that kit building and imports are way down off their peak from a few years ago, traffic has been down in that regard even before the recent management change. This site does not need to entertain the overt political, racist and tin-foil hat crowd that drives the majority of traffic on other gun related boards. Off Topic discussion is fine here so long as it is respectful adult conversation.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I shall endeavor to to do my best to post interesting threads. I will admit, I miss a lot of the guys that were here when I first joined up. Times change and sometimes people move on. Adapt and overcome is sometimes what one must do in life.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
There are enough good people here to keep things together, and this will continue to be a great AK site!

(the power of positive thinking)

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
As long as we don't fall down the paths of 'stay in your lane!' and 'illuminati will implant insects in your brain' that other forums fall into, I think we'll be ok. :)

Reactions: back in the USSR

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are enough good people here to keep things together, and this will continue to be a great AK site!

(the power of positive thinking)
I'll believe it when I see it,and not before then. I don't know what happened here, but this deal here has gone so far down hill - as much as I hate to say it, in truth ,well it really sucks now.
Hell they are blocking out links to other site and information. It's just nowhere near the same. What happened? Has Obummer got control of this too?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I was wondering why ol' Rotty hasn't shut down my FF threads.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Is the forum still run by a private individual or is it now a company or something ? I do not understand how all this works. All the advertiseing is somewhat disapointing and makes me think the forum motto of "its about the Kalashnikov, not the money" has gone by the wayside.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Forum Foundry is a business and they are all about advertising revenue and making whatever forum they are running as "closed loop" as possible.

Kind of silly to complain about something that we use, for free.

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
People need to keep in mind that other than ad banner and getting the vendors renewed, very little has changed. Still the same mods and rules here as before. Unlike other boards, nobody is hounding the general membership for donations nor is there a fee structured membership.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts