AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Whats the circle N and the RNC in a diamond? Also on the other side there is a large marking on the reciever. I dont have a pic but whats that on mean? Anyone know?

G

·
0 Posts
I believe letter on the left inside the circle is "P" and the letters inside the diamond are "GIS". What they mean, I have no clue.

ETA, they could be numbers. "16" and "4-9-18"

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hey guys, sorry so slow to respond.........it's Sunday ya know? :wink:

The circled ( П ) is the proof "P" and the other stamping in the diamond < ГИС > is exactly what biggerstick said. "G.I.S." The middle letter is pronounced as a straight "E" but it serves in spelling as an "I".

I have no idea what it is for. But I can tell you that the same diamond stamping is on the side of all the white 7.62 X 39 ammo boxes I'm shooting up right now also. Not Wolf either. The wooden case has in it all the boxes wrapped in thick, clear plastic. No tins. Ulyanovsk? Barnaul?

Sorry can't be of more help but I'm sure it's a "trade/corporate thing" rather than an interpetation of Russian thing.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks Tomovich! My Russian sucks, I only took one semester of it in college. (12yrs ago) :goof:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Ladno..........ne problem......... :smile:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What factory are Veprs made in?

..and THANK YOU Tomovich!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
No problem. :smile:

Not made at Izhevsk like Saiga. Made at Vyatskie Polyany (AKA Molot) in Kirov oblast (region/county/area). They also make some shotguns and motorcycle sidecars. :wink:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
the<RNC> is on the boxes of Wolf,.and also on my red and blue box of JSC Barnul 7.62x39m FMJ's.

god i wish i could get more Barnul :mad:

the circle "n" is a proof mark,... my Mosins have them,.my Saiga had one as well,...i think theres one on my PM as well,.. not sure though.

so the Vepr's are made at Molot huh?,...hmmm do they make a Dragunov stock to fit that "butchered at the factory" reciver? if they do i may look into getting one in .308 with a 20in. barrel if they have that model

G

·
0 Posts
cruzie27 said:
so the Vepr's are made at Molot huh?,...hmmm do they make a Dragunov stock to fit that "butchered at the factory" reciver? if they do i may look into getting one in .308 with a 20in. barrel if they have that model
:roll:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Screw you guys!!!!!! My college was THIRTY years ago............ :neutral:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
you mean like this?
yep pretty much,..what was the total for that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im a junior in college...see not all of us are liberals! :wink:

·
Registered
621 Posts
about, 1100, i guess, But you wouldnt want one that doesnt look like a tradional AK right.....ANd it weighs, close to 15 pounds.....A little too heavy for the purists. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts