AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
? Got sumpthin you want to share? the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Reactions: Alfred and otus

·
Registered
837 Posts
Exactly. Technology has moved forward in all ways, and in many cases has become more dangerous. But our Founders protected principles, not particular technologies. Our Founders were NOT afraid of dangerous speech OR dangerous weapons: the Bill of Rights protects citizens' access to both.

Those of us old enough to have lived through the 1990's witnessed the incredible brutality of the Rwandan genocide. And even though I am far (FAR) from an expert on that history, I learned that the weapon of choice was primarily the machete (not the gun), and the incitement was through speech (namely radio broadcasts fanning Hutu-Tutsi hatred).

I didn't hear anyone call for banning radios after that time period, nor should they have. The remedy for hateful speech is better speech, and the remedy for horrible people with weapons of any sort is for greater numbers of better people to be better armed and trained toward self-defense.

-otus

Reactions: VietIraqVet

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Look again, the illustration he posted supports 2nd amendment rights.

The message it's meant to convey is that the argument that the Second Amendment only applies to the weapons of that time is as absurd as saying that the First Amendment only applies to printed materials made by printing technology of that time.

Sorry if others misconstrued, but there's no quibbling about the intended meaning - it is as I describe and the OP shouldn't have to take the rap for it.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I like most hate to hear them say that. I think everyone here does.

its a no brainer there brainwashing us that the 2nd is outdated and so on you mention. theres also been alot of talk of censoring the net if that's what ya mean. the way its going now its a matter of time literally every last thing will be on lock down. every last thing you wont even own rights to your own seamen. watch the movie demolition man and then the movie idiocracy then combine the 2 in your head. its neat and funny at first but study food and fda and vaccines and watch whats happening and all of a sudden now you can see the future.

by way of national tragedy and major breeches of security the masses are being led into the corner of a trap like cattle to be taxed into oblivion and used as lower grade worker drones. its a cache22. law abiding citizens must give up our 2nd amendment rights for idiotic reasons but since were law abiding we cant do anything except peacefully protest while being branded domestic terrorists by state controlled media. meanwhile the enemies of the bill of rights have great control over the majority of media and the institutions of power far reaching in all directions. they've bought up everything from the banking institutions to food and pharmacudicals to the fda and the cdc. every last thing all the way down to the boyscouts of America its all being pumped with money to serve big picture agendas.

of course they say our bill of rights are outdated! they have that much control why wouldn't they!

how do you fight something like that? I don't think you can. not really. one way to counteract that kind of evil and corruption might be the following.
raise awareness.
train your family how to live off the land and defend yourself in all ways to be street smart especially the younger generation.
accept that your govt has failed completely and is now a private banking corperation.
travel and see the world don't work too hard youll just die trying to pay all the taxes and overbilled fees while others smoke crack and get govt handouts.
study the corruption history online and maybe copy some documentaries before theyre censored regarding the federal reserve, fda, cdc, united nations agenda21, blm landgrabs, etc.
take up hobbies that insure survival of you and your family if the whole world goes to hell in a handbasket.
oh! and have children and raise a new generation of children outside the nanny state free of drugs and opiates and global bullshit programs.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Op is just making a comparison. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't seem like trolling. However, the 1st is being eroded as well.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
The founders understood technology would advance. This is specifically cited in the reasons they left ambiguity in our laws. They were meant to fit no matter the time, techology or era. Its why folks on the brainless side have such a hard time selling to folks like us that the 2A only applies to muskets or hunting rifles. They want so bad to change the words but they are what they are. Everything else is unconstitutional.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
You put hunting rifles in your post along with muskets. This is what gets me about the hunters, they think they are safe.
Well you are not safe!! If you use a centerfire rifle, according to the anti gunners what you really have is a high powered,
scoped sniper rifle. I do not give a rats ass if it is a single shot, it is a high powered scope sniper rifle. Why do you even need
scopes anyway? It just gives you an unfair advantage over the animals(which deserve rights)that you hunt.

Interesting thought?

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Op is just making a comparison. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't seem like trolling. However, the 1st is being eroded as well.
I seen it differently as the OP is trying to get the memership riled up.

But, if we're having a pretty good discussion then so be it.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
I seen it differently as the OP is trying to get the memership riled up.

But, if we're having a pretty good discussion then so be it.
I may be wrong but that was my 1st impression, hence my response.

Reactions: 22many

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

I think the OP made a great point !!!!!!!

Let my uneducated poor little mind break it down for you :

What the OP was saying is if the Bill of Rights only allows me to own a Musket and not an AK, then you only have freedom of speech if its been printed on an old outdated printing press.

How can anyone misinterpret that ?

Well my guess is the same way people who have a higher I.Q. then me misinterpret SHALL NOT BE INFRENGED.

·
Registered
22,584 Posts
I stand in defense of the OP

I've heard the squealing piglets and bleating sheeple about the 2nd Amendment not applying to military arms and how the Forefathers could not have anticipated today's weapons.....and I wholeheartedly, mightily disagree! It's as what was stated before, that the common folk should not be forbidden arms that the current national military has. In before 'herp derp nukes" but it's in my humble opinion that at least squad level weapons should be available to responsible citizens.. that includes belt fed full autos and vehicle mounted weapons.

ugh. I had more but I won't put it here. suffice it to say that it's a damn shame We The People find our own govt. more of a threat than some outside source.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
1. If the government of these United States has the power, authority, and right, to simply redefine terms, including the term "assault weapon", to mean whatever it wants, for any reason it so wishes...
2. And all power, authority, and rights come from the hands of the people..
3. And no one can give something which they themselves do not actually possess...
4. Meaning necessarily that that the people themselves must then possess the same power, authority, and rights..
5. Then as one of "the people" it is hereby declared and enumerated that any and all long arms in this or any possible universe shall hereby and in perpetuity be officially designated and recognised as "muskets".

And I have the Supreme Court to back me up.

"At the heart of liberty is the right to define one's own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life."
(Justice Anthony Kennedy, Supreme Court decision; PP v. Casey, 1992)

He's actually ridiculously wrong here of course, but it was the majority decision, and so is the current law of the land.

This is how bad the current situation has gotten, how effeminized American males have become, and how mad and disconnected from history, tradition, and the Natural Law First Principles necessary for liberty and freedom, the denizens have become.

Interesting debate, but one just need to see the poll results conducted toward the end of the video to understand where things currently stand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts