AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the post ban one from Horton's. Horton's does not have any pre-ban ones left. Is the barrel threaded, or is it the FSB on the "pre-ban" ones? I could care less about the bayonet lug, but I'd like to put a real muzzle device on there. I can get the post ban style one for like $640 plus shipping out the door from my dealer. This is so I can trade in a pistol for it so I have a smaller out of pocket expense. What says the experts???????

Update: Got one on the way from deerslayer!! Preban, but green. Sold a gun local, so I had the cash, which I sent out Monday!!! Can't wait.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
IIRC, the post ban SA M5's were all made with the standard AK front sight base, with a compensator pinned onto the bare muzzle.

I COULD BE WRONG. If somehow you can get a pic from Lew Horton's you can tell right off the bat.

I've noticed sometimes Lew Horton's salespeople don't always describe things exactly the way they are, either.

Wish I could be of more help...but I'd say you have a 90% chance of getting one with the compensator pinned to the bare muzzle and the front sight base will be of the AK47 (not the threaded AK74) type.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure even the "pre-ban" ones don't have a threaded FSB. The arsenal website says 14-1 threads, which to me sounds like the threads would be on the barrel if they were there, not the FSB, which is usually 24-1 thread I think. I could also be completely wrong!!

G

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've been in touch with him. He obviously needs all cash, and I'm trying to do trade plus $$ or sell some items. If I can move them, I'll get the preban one from the slayer!!

G

·
0 Posts
He will take a credit card with a 4 percent charge. How bad do you want one? Getting in touch with him to give him the number is the problem. MV out!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
SAM 5

Deerslayer is dependable but his or any body else's supply from Arsenal right now may not be and from what slayer has mentioned in the last ten days, it may be 7-8 monthes before SAM's of any type are in the system. I purchsaed a SAM 5s about a month and a half ago from a dealer in Vermont...it showed up and it had a threaded barrel and a bayo lug...a fellow that goes by the handle of Templar on akforums and Gunco pointed out that there were a certain number of no ban SAM 5's that were built on SAM 5s receivers...point here is at this late of a date in the market, there's a chance that an advertised SAM 5s is a no-ban 5.56 AK...it's got evil blackack features and it may be equivalent to a SAM 5r. I can't say enough good about my SAM 5 "s"...it's worth every penny I paid for it and maybe more.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
hkinfl said:
Got one on the way!!!!!!!!!
Me too! One of my distributors got one in and called me. Of course, I responded with an enthusiastic, "ship it!" :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts