AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No pics yet, but here are some good descriptions.

Item 1: Yugoslav BRM 75 hand grenade. It looks like these have small pelets suspended in a fiberglass resin. What kind of explosive was in it and are they still in use?

Item 2: Austrian Arges 69. Same thing, what is the fragment type and what is the explosive used inside?

Item 3: Russian bouncing betty style mine (OZM-3?). About the size of a small coffee can and has a center ring that is removeable and one to the side that looks like a big bolt. What type of fuse goes in the center well, and what is the side well used for?

Item 4: A MON-50 AP mine. If you have the bag, mine, mount and sight, what is missing? I know it must be the detonator, and wire, but what kind of command detonating device is used (like our Claymore?) and is anything else missing from the kit?

Also, are any of these really rare in the US or can I find them with a bit of looking?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
PvtPyle said:
No pics yet, but here are some good descriptions.

Item 1: Yugoslav BRM 75 hand grenade. It looks like these have small pelets suspended in a fiberglass resin. What kind of explosive was in it and are they still in use?
Pellets suspended in plastic, don't know/remember what the filler is, but it's plasticized, and they will forever be in use.

http://www.inert-ord.net/yugos/yugmod/m7593/index.html

Item 2: Austrian Arges 69. Same thing, what is the fragment type and what is the explosive used inside?
Never dealt with these.

Item 3: Russian bouncing betty style mine (OZM-3?). About the size of a small coffee can and has a center ring that is removeable and one to the side that looks like a big bolt. What type of fuse goes in the center well, and what is the side well used for?
http://www.russianwarrior.com/STMMain.h ... tail.htm&1

Item 4: A MON-50 AP mine. If you have the bag, mine, mount and sight, what is missing? I know it must be the detonator, and wire, but what kind of command detonating device is used (like our Claymore?) and is anything else missing from the kit?
The mine? :grin: Don't know.
Also, are any of these really rare in the US or can I find them with a bit of looking?
Are you trying to find some, or price the ones you have? Yugo grenades are the most common. The austrian grenades turn up from now and again as well.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them in my possession now, I am trying to see if they are worth keeping. If I do keep them I may get rid of the extras, but I will trade them off, not sell them. So I guess you could say I am looking to put a value on them as well as see how common they are. I know I never seen them floating around but that doesn't mean much. :goof:

Thanks for the links, these mines are in NIB condition, that one has clearly been around a while.

Anyone else know what is missing from the MON-50?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Pyle! You have something eodinert donsn't know about!! Keep it forever and hold it over his head! :lol:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There's a lot of stuff out there... I won't even pretend to know what it all is. A lot of this stuff I have seen before, first hand... but there's even more that I haven't. I have a pretty crappy memory, too, which is a bad thing in this line of work.

I have access to some really good publications on all this stuff, too, but it won't tell you about the pouch, or what came in the kit... just where all the explodey bits are, and how they work. All that I have to get from finding one in the original packaging.

Actually, I've met some guys that absolutely amaze me with their knowledge of ordnance.. I am merely a wanna-be.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I have all the theater guides and a bunch from NGIC and Crane, but they don't tell you anything other than the basics. The one from Bragg is an utter waste of digits too.

Have you seen the rest of the kit for the MON-50? We had bunches of them still in the crates overseas, but like a dummy I never went over to the ASP and cracked any open when they were sending them out to the firebases.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I was refering to the EOD '60 series' publications. They are limited circulation. All the open source pubs are mostly recognition guides.

I haven't run into any MON 50s at all, except in training... and I don't recall having seen the firing device even then.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a green one, the new ones are more of a brown than red. These are the training versions, they come apart in the back to show the fragments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts