AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've been trying for a week to get the front pin that holds the FCG in out of my maadi. I've talked sweet to it, I've talked dirty. I've made promises,Ive made threats. I asked last week everyone said " line up the pin and tap it out with a punch" I've tried this! The pin moves around freely , nothing is obstructing it. well I'm out of ideas. slegehammer? torch? I'm trying to avoid taking it to my local gunsmith. Even though I know he would do it for free. It's the point that I like to do it myself.

·
Registered
891 Posts
You did take the "sheppards hook" out from inside the reciever before trying to punch the pin out, right?

·
Registered
891 Posts
OK, sorry, but I had to ask.

I have problems sometimes with the spring making it hard to align the axis pin in the hole. The side of the receiver gets caught in the little groove in the pin for the sheppards hook. The pin comes out just a little and then stops. I just keep constant pressure on it from the small side of the axis pin and then wiggle the other end from outside the receiver. Eventually it lines up and pops right out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What Mike_F said!

Usually what I do is pull the hammer back to about the 12 or 1 o'clock position with my left hand, and then slowly work it up/down, side to side to aling the pin within the hole, and it will come right out. Takes a little practice at first, but I think I can do it blindfolded now :smile:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you hooked the spring arms behind the hammer head and tied them there with a bread tie? That takes the spring pressure off and makes things a lot easier.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Did you notice any burrs around the holes? I've had to hit burrs with needle file before to get the pin back in.

Does the pin go in by itself without the hammer?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did you try pushing down on the pin from thetop of the trigger group. what happens is there is a small groove around the end of the pin, Which is where the shepards hook goes....The spring puts upward tension on the pin and causes the hole in the reciever to go into that groove causeing the pin to not move. Push down on the hammer and out on the pin, you may have to wiggle it up and down some cause if you push it down too hard the bottom of the hole will go into the groove.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took it to my local gunsmith, who promtly whacked the shit out of it, and it popped out. he never charges me, he pretty cool. I never hit it that hard, I was afraid it would mushroom the pin inside the reciever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts