AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a gun listed on GB that I pulled off Saturday. I was on armslist this morning, and there is my gun! With MY picture! for sale for $400 less than I was wanting on GB! NOT. MY. AD. So I flagged it as a scam and sent an email to armslist with the link and all the particulars. It's still on there. I even sent the guy an email asking if it's still for sale, and just got a reply that it is.

What should my next step be?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Well when we find out there is a scam on armlist etc, and bored at the firehall we enjoy stringing the seller along, playing there game etc, then slowly start putting the ball in our court, we have all sorts of scenarios LOL, enjoy!

However it makes me leary on making purchases online, i tend to ask for specific pictures such as a rifle with a spoon in the picture for instance to prove they have it and not just a photo pulled from online

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Honestly, you notified Armslist already. Notify Gunbroker that this happened so they're aware and then call it good.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Might not be as nefarious as you think. The guy may have a gun that is the same model, in the same general condition and simply cannot take a decent picture for whatever reason. He may well have a actual similar firearm.

Granted it is not very ethical to grab a picture off somebody else and post it as yours. That being said he may just figure it's on Armslist and will be a face to face sale and the buyer will get to check it out before paying......or he could be a psycho who kidnaps the buyer when he shows up to buy the firearm and locks him in his basement and butt rapes him until he decides he wants to slice out a little brain matter to make a nice home made soup....internet you just never know....

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not alot of Krebs KTR-03S' out there with Galil style handguards. Even used my exact words.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.