AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..so I am in Commiefornia..I have a Kassnar SA85M..straight stock..bought is used in 92..used it forever as a movie prop blank gun...bore is still good..receiver is..aged..rear trunion needs to be replaced due to a drop off a 3 story roof on a set...thinking of converting to underfolder..its a registered AW here..and I cant get another folder..original finish is worn to hell..value is nowhere close to the ones usually seen for sale..whats your opinion...bad idea..leave it as is...?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Id have to sit and think about it but my impulse reaction is hell yeah. If the stock set was still in good shape id say just keep it fixed stock since those stocks are hard to find. How is the stock set? Have to imagine it being rough.

but yeah, correct hungo underfolding parts are all around. That would be a cool conversion. The finish on these guns is so nice but luckily with technos new paint we have a new option. I say do it man.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Pics would be neat I love these kassnars!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
original stock was shattered on impact..tang was bent all to hell..even partially deformed the rivets..only reason Id consider a folder mod is it needs some minor welding..and a total refinish..plus selector marks were added for film use so there is another issue..I know these are kind of rare but a proper rebuild would be much more expensive than the folder conversion..and it has a bfpu look to it already..its a SM serial number and the SL's are the folders..I have a nice original Hungarian folder set with trunion..I'll likely do it..trunion is already out and I never took pics..I was just debating what to do in my head..Ill have the holes welded up and dressed then get the folder trunion in and the holes cut..may as well..

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
wow! sounds like a sexy lookin gun. got pics?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
so a fixed in place folding stock? or can you make it functional being a registered gun?
if not id probably just repair it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
My kassnar is registered in Kali also....

I would do it.....why the hell not....... but then again..you can do the whole Magpul Zhukov stock and it'll last some scraps and bruised better than the underfolder.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Do it! If I was buying I would like the BFPU look as well as it being a folder.
Its much easier to fix up a fore grip and the blue if necessary on the folder
stock. A little added wear as an under folder on the fore grips would have would
give it some more "authentic" look for an SA85-1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts