AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go on an Ammo search of the differant vendors. AIM and Dan's
don't even list 7.62 x 39 ammo on their sites any more. Is all surplus world wide used up? I wish I had purchased more cases of 200 round Battle Packs.

I talked to SG last week about my Backorder and they said the ammo (640 round sardine cans) is stuck in customs.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
This is one subject that I am going to preach and bitch about....so learn early.....

When ammo and mags are cheap and plentiful load up! there are times like now when you will wish you did!

steps off soap box

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rotdorn said:
This is one subject that I am going to preach and bitch about....so learn early.....

When ammo and mags are cheap and plentiful load up! there are times like now when you will wish you did!

steps off soap box
YUP... :hail:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Always have an alternate weapon/caliber. Wolf is a little dry here too, Ive been buying every box of Silver Bear I find at $3-$3.50 a box. The shortage happened to have caught me in the middle of a depression, so I have to slowly play catch-up one or two boxes at a time.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I think you saw a lot of the usuals spending alot of their time trying to get parts kits in....Now that things have calmed down, we'll see more stuff come in...Ammo, Mags, stocks, etc.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
The Marine range where I shoot stocked Barnaul hunting ammo (SP) and Silver Bear HP when I first joined there in Nov. Just $2.50 a box of 20. They've since run out thanks to me. :roll: But I thought both were excellent ammo. Very consistent, no failures of any sort. They compalined it was dirty and came in cheap boxes and just wanted to stock PMC (A very good ammo but its $7.50 a box.). I told them I was fine with it as was my buddy and we'd been buying shooting most of it anyways. After we talked a bit, he agreed to order in more Silver Bear but doesn't know when he'll get it in. His PMC is excellent ammo and is a good price, for PMC, at $7.50. But for target shooting I'm happy with the cheap stuff. My AKM and SKS don't seem to know the difference.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Rotdorn said:

steps off soap box
If you Guys don't learn anything else from this site,learn this! Buy as much ammo as you can afford and put it away.When you go shooting,replace your ammo with twice as much as you shoot.The same thing goes with mags,buy them while you can,when it comes to AKs,anything can happen.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
+1

JOHNO said:
Rotdorn said:

steps off soap box
If you Guys don't learn anything else from this site,learn this! Buy as much ammo as you can afford and put it away.When you go shooting,replace your ammo with twice as much as you shoot.The same thing goes with mags,buy them while you can,when it comes to AKs,anything can happen.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Krinkfreak said:
+1

JOHNO said:
Rotdorn said:

steps off soap box

Hey, How come you guys didn't mention this last year.

Bought my SAR 1 last Feb at this weeks Gun Show.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
We did'nt have our own site a year ago! :grin:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm close to 12k on ammo ... split between both cal. tho ... :sad:

RPK receivers is what I need !! ... A little more money would be good too

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Ammo will be avaliable,it may cost more but it'll be avaliable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts