AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad, my boy and I made our yearly trip to mecca on Monday. This is the 27 th year for me and my monkey's 2nd visit. It's kind of our tradition. Monkey man almost choked to death in CMP because he just turned 2 and managed to bite the end off of the sucker the nice CMP man gave him and choke, requiring some minor back blows to resolve(thank god for inservice training).

Sadly, it was mostly empty, which was surprising because this is Highpower week. There weren't as many vendors there either. DPMS, Rock River, Sherluk, Armscorp, Fin Fur and Feather were not there and Fulton Armory and M&A parts were packing up to leave.

Bushmaster didn't have any Massadas, and prices were up and all of the vendors were glum. AR mags were between $15(MA)- $24.95(Bushmaster). I was told by the fine gentleman who gives LE a 20% discount :dance: at M&A that there were 800 less shooters registered this year.

I did of course complete all of my goals this year such as buying a bunch of Greek 30.06, some Sierra 77gr bullets and a couple of other things that I probably didn't need.

Here is the requider M5 Stuart growth chart pic :cool:

Anyone else go up to Camp Perry this year?

·
Registered
58 Posts
A lot of the military shooters are deployed.

However I heard Shawn McKenna was the first civilian since 1918 to win one of the matches, forget which. He was shooting a factory Les Baer Service Rifle.

I think CMP needs to get caught back up with the times and legalize the M4 carbine for Service Rifle. No it may not be competitive, but it would appeal to younger shooters who never see one of the old 'Musket' A2s in a Combat Arms unit. They are going to have to figure out what they are gonna do with optics being across the board in Combat Arms units. If they don't change the rules than Service Rifle will no longer be Service Rifle. Younger shooters are the future and High Power offers a lot for marksmanship training for young soldiers heading overseas. But if they have to do it with a rifle they are no longer issued or with carry handle sights they don't use why bother....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts