AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The show was the MAAC show(Michigan Antique Arms Colletor). Since it is a C&R group/show I knew that there wouldn't be any AK's. The sad part is that due to some local reg no post 1950 military semi auto's are allowed, supposedly. That means not eve SKS's :sad: I have a friend who will set up dispalys,he has a Soviet SVD(not KBI) FN FAL sniper,Valmet snipers etc. None can even be brought into the show.

Usually there are some other neat stuff. A few years ago I picked up a set of Soviet Afghan utilities(the brown ones), a belt,suspenders,grenade pouch,shovel,mess kit,pilotka and field cap. They also have quote a few book vendors,always a good but costly thing.

The highs and lows, I picked up two of the Soviet field belts,the rubberized brown canvas ones issued in Afghanistan,$40 for the pair. I also picked up the Joe Poyer book on AK's. I did look at the Ezell book also. A used paper back was $45 :shock: but I found the new revised hard cover for $57,not bad. I found quite a few 3 mad AK47 pouches for $10 but passed. One guy had a quite a few uniform bits. He had a couple of tunics,variouscaps and several diffrent belts. Passed on that too. It wasn't field gear.

I had brought a Mas49/56 to sell. The dealer I sue calls me when he gets this stuff. I almost always buy it unless the price is just stupid. Even if I just break even I figure someday he will call and I will score something cool cheap. I got quite hassle trying to bring it in,the whole semi thing, unti lone guy said"it's a MAS49, it's okay". 2 rows down I spot a centruy G3 for sale WTF? :roll: Then at least 2 M1A/M14 clones. So much for the pre 50 thing.

A few SKS's did manage to sneak into the show. I took a long look at an SKS-m, post ban-ak mags. He wanted $300, passed on that too. Another guy had a preban para SKS for $220, passed. I did see one last SKS, a Norinco/no bayonet,he also had 2,000 rnds of ammo. The price for the package was $700 :shock: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, my buddy and I had a good time. We bought another friend an M1 carbine,sold my Mas49/56. Ate some lousy french fries,talked to plenty of guys. All in all a good time.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I had to work this past weekend but thanks to my Buddy Fireman,I was able to get in on a little bit of the action.Thanks for the phone calls from the show,it made my day! :grin:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
C&R shows are okay, but I prefer to go to a show that has it all!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
Amen brother! I went to the same show, saw all the same items as Fireman. Could not believe some of the asking prices! C&R shows ain't really my bag but I unwittingly ended up going (went with my father and he didnt tell me it was an antique show until we were pulling into the parking lot) and there were some interesting firearms and acessories to be sure but nothing I would have bought. Spent the majority of the show carrying the rifles my father bought so he could look at more! I remember doing this when I was a kid, carrying rifles that is, 30 some years later and I,m still the mule LOL. Some things never change I guess.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krinkfreak said:
Unfortunately all our other shows are the same old dog and pony shows. They have same dealers with the same old over priced rifles that never sell,same old flea market crap that has nothing to do with guns. Even the jerky sellers are the same ones. It is rare find a good buy.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Fireman said:
Krinkfreak said:
Unfortunately all our other shows are the same old dog and pony shows. They have same dealers with the same old over priced rifles that never sell,same old flea market crap that has nothing to do with guns. Even the jerky sellers are the same ones. It is rare find a good buy.
Sounds like the ones around here..... :neutral:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I missed it. Kinda glad I didn't know about it, I would of wanted to go but not enough extra money this week. I did go to the Gibralter show though, I bought me a Romey sidefolding stock. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts