AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I try to find one? I know they are getting scarce, and original dealer cost is around 600 according to the RSR book. I'll need to sell at least I handgun to buy it. I have 8 ak's and 4 ar's, but this gun is really tempting me for some reason. Are there actually any distributers that still have these? RSR does not, and I don't have access to Lew Horton's stuff, although it had it on there web page.

Does this only come in ban style? Should I order mags now while I'll still can, or do we think more are coming?? Any advice/ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in the market for one, too. Lou Horton (sp?) has them in stock, he's a distributor. I think it's louhorton.com or close to it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Excellent rifle - but buy your mags FIRST. About $30 to $35 each at auction - there is no one currently selling out of stock.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Get one while you can. Mine is one of my most accurate ak's I own.
Here is a pic of what I did to mine.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I got some clear 30rd mags ordered. Now just need to sell my rifle to get the cash for the rifle.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bryant, that is an awesome .223 !
I have a SAM-5 coming soon, and I plan on making it look just like yours in AKS-74 configuration.
Actually I have that very same rifle as well in 5.45 (thanks Josh), but I'd love it to have a .223 identical twin.
Since the SAM has a milled receiver, will there be a problem acquiring and installing a skeleton stock?

·
Registered
183 Posts
No-ban Arsenal SA-M5 with Krebs Custom AK-74 brake and 14mm threaded adapter. Bought it (x2) Bachelor_of _Science for a killer deal...

AC

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got one a while back, waiting on my bulgy flash hider to come in before I put up any pics.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
OK guys, Lew Horton's has some inbound along with RSR Group. Pre-order before they are gone. If they run out I got another source, he has a few left, selling at $679 each with bayonet lugs. If you can't find any I'll give up his info only AFTER I get mine- but he has at least five more.

Bryant :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts