AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was lurking on GB for Russian kits Wed. night (since I missed the boat on them) and came a cross a listing for a Russian underfolder with a min. bid of 699.00. So after trying to figure out with the two images the seller posted what was there I shot him an email asking about the markings,year, barrel and the condition of the trunnions. He told me it had a arrow and 1973 date and the barrel looked okay and so did the trunnions and didnt know if numbers matched. So I rolled the dice asked him if he had an idea what he wanted to buy it now and he came back with the well I see these Russian kits going for 1200 – 1600 on GB he said he paid 600 I offered 800 and this is what showed up today. Barrel is nice it’s a 73 numbers match front trunnion nicked on one side and the rear is hammered.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just filled out the order sheet for a new receiver to send to Harlan.. any thoughts on the rear trunnion what to do about that ?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I Marotto said:
just filled out the order sheet for a new receiver to send to Harlan.. any thoughts on the rear trunnion what to do about that ?
Mario at piece of history firearms can fix it like new.He did mine for my 77akms and you cant tell it was ever fixed..
Nice kit..

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I had a Polish PLO kit that had a rear trunnion cut like that. I cut and shaped some steel to bring it back to it's original dimensions and welded it on.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frostbite said:
I had a Polish PLO kit that had a rear trunnion cut like that. I cut and shaped some steel to bring it back to it's original dimensions and welded it on.
Frostbite

did you scab a piece on then grind it down?

Hey Nut

thanks for the tip on mario..was going to send the receiver there for the selector marks

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Prototype Services said:
Interesting, the paint seems fairly glossy.
Yup actually its just like jithica and stottman said in the other thread about factory finishes spray paint over park this happens to be glossy spray paint you can actually see the overspray in the pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts