AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started out innocently enough, there was a little button above my folding stock and I clicked it in....it wouldn't come out so I jiggled it a bit and the top cover came off.

Well I took the bolt out and just tried to think logically how the rifle works, it really isn't a mystery anymore. My gosh I can't believe how simple these rifles are...I think damn near anyone could put one together! It took a while to figure out how to get the top back on but I ended up using my wrist and it popped back on. I'm not new to shooting, but I am new to how the internal parts of a semi auto work...nothing more simple than an AK to finally make the lightbulb click on.

The man who invented this rifle deserves the oppisite of the nobel peace prize (lol) :lol: I am just floored how simple the operating internals of an AK actually is...it all makes perfect sense why these are used in the poor hostile places in the world...any kid that can put a chain on a bicycle could rebuild an AK!

I hope I'm not going to be labeled a newbie post whore, but I just thought I would share my .02! :hail:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Simple, reliable, accurate, effective. Personally I think AK's are the best weapon system bar none- now if only they had a bolt stop and better saftey selector.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The trigger group, for one, has spoiled me. Now I could never see some complex collection of tiny parts and take it seriously.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
5thShock said:
The trigger group, for one, has spoiled me. Now I could never see some complex collection of tiny parts and take it seriously.
+1 ... :amen:

P.S. Cameron, you lucky bastard, Lake Fork is the most badass Bass fishing there is ... :byefu: :beer:

G

·
I love my Ak. I purchased my first one about a year ago, my little brother (11 at the time) was so excited he had to play with it. So I let him, (under my supervision of course) in ten mins he striped and reassembled the rifle.

The weapon is so simple and when they say simple enough for children they mean it. :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts