AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon gents. This is my first time building, and I ended up buying a Yugo M72 not realising until its delivery that the trunnion and FBS was apart of the reciever, which of course was torched. What do I do?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Not understanding the question, is it a milled kit? Show us pictures of what you're asking about. You've taken on an interesting project for a first time builder it sounds like. The Front Trunnion & FSB are two different parts on just about all AK variants and align on the barrel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not understanding the question, is it a milled kit? Show us pictures of what you're asking about. You've taken on an interesting project for a first time builder it sounds like. The Front Trunnion & FSB are two different parts on just about all AK variants and align on the barrel.
Thank you for the response! I'll show pictures when I get home, but for now the link Wingnut sent looks like it, however thats sold out and I was thinking about buying a vulged trunnion but I can't find any

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tortort has been sold out for a very long time on various 80% and 100% AK receivers. I've been on their email list for over a year and I'll be surprised if I ever get a notification. This is why I sold all my milled kits recently. If I can't build em there's no reason to hang onto something so expensive. Tortort is the reason I bought any milled kits to begin with but AK receivers is not their primary business and I can't blame them for not being able to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tortort has been sold out for a very long time on various 80% and 100% AK receivers. I've been on their email list for over a year and I'll be surprised if I ever get a notification. This is why I sold all my milled kits recently. If I can't build em there's no reason to hang onto something so expensive. Tortort is the reason I bought any milled kits to begin with but AK receivers is not their primary business and I can't blame them for not being able to keep up with demand.
So you have no more kits then out of curiousity?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh I've got other kits... I bought as many stamped kits in the $300 range (Yugo, Romanian) as I could lay my hands on. I managed to get a couple of Polish AKMS kits from Whatacountry in the $500 range before they sold out a year ago. Even though I paid way more for stamped kits than the old timers here did I at least get to have the joy of building some AKMs on 80% receivers (it's very addicting once you get tooled up). Now Romy kits are $900 at Apex and Polish stamped kits are unobtainium (except on Gun Broker for over $1k). I had really hoped to build some milled kits on 80%ers but... I have seen Tortort Yugo receivers on GB in the $750 range. People who have them suddenly realize they are worth their weight in gold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts