1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And here's what I ended up with...

KSG.jpg

Picking it up tomorrow.

With a baby on the way, I haven't had any extra money for my hobby. I bought two tickets, knowing this would be my only shot at a new firearm for quite some time, and lucked out.

You guys have any hands on experience with the KSG?

·
Registered
21,750 Posts
holy crap nice score!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice score. I'm not real thrilled with them. They are light and handy, but I seriously question the longevity and durability of the design. If it was me I would sell it while the hype is up and invest in something more practical. Just MO.

Nathan

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
yeah.......... sell it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Its very cool! congratulations on the new member to your family and the raffle win. I cant say much about the Keltec. I really wanted one of their PMR 30's. I have seen several pictures around the net of people who have broken the plastic rail underneath the pump buy attaching a handle grip to aid pumping/controlling recoil. If it were me I would sell it as well.

Best of luck on both

Josh

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
I had issues with what seemed to be an undersized chamber (sticking rounds once it got a little dirty) with one but otherwise it's a neat gun. Don't like having to manually switch from one tube to the next. Personally, I'd sell it. Keltec does not put a lot of them out every year so the prices stay well above MSRP. Put it into something else you really want (unless you really wanted one of these). I'll also say....Lucky! I never win anything.....ever....

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
Free is always good. If you end up not liking it, you can sell or trade it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Good Job! You have way better luck than I've ever had. Those go for a lot of money every time I've seen one. You might be able to get two or three guns that you really want!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
First off sweet score and congrats on the little one!! I watched a review on youtube, dont recall the channel but he does pretty good reviews and usually covers all the bases when testing a new firearm. His review of the KSG was painful, right out of the box it would not cycle correctly and when it did the ejected shells where hitting his wrist with enough force to cause a nasty cut and bad brusing. He ended up taping a rag to his wrist to lessen the impact of the spent shells lol. He did say it might take a few hundred rounds for it to break and for it to cycle correctly. I never caught the follow up video on it if he ever did one.

I would sell that sucker and use it to fund some other gun purchases lol.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I just got one in the the shop to cerakote last week...I like the size of course, but am not impressed with quality at all. If this was at a "good buy" price point of say $250-300, that's fine. Anything more and I'm going to pass. Congrats on the new family.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I figure, since I got it for next to nothing, I'll hold on to it, for awhile at least. I've spent more on dinner before than what I've spent to get this.

I'll take it out this Friday, and see how she does. At least I wont have trouble finding ammo.

When I get bored, I'll probably sell it and build that retro AR I've been thinking of. If anything, it's a cool collectible, that I never would have ended up with otherwise.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I would capitalize on the fact that they are made of unobtanium right now and commanding much higher pricing than MSRP.

and the fact that they are your normal "cool idea" Keltec junk ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts