AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an N-PAP and am going this morning to pick up my new O-PAP.

I'm considering heavily modding my N-PAP with a new, longer, M4 style buttstock and a rail system foregrip.

I'd leave the O-PAP alone.

How bad would it be if I did that?

Would I incur the wrath of the AK-47 variant gods? Would ZASTAVA send hit men to get me?

Would I merit the ridicule of AK 47 gun forum purists?

Just need to know what kind of risk I'm taking here.

·
Registered
22,636 Posts
it's your gun. Do what you want with it.

It's not particularly rare or anything... where most people hit the ceiling is when someone takes something like a Polytech Legend or something and Tapco-fucks it to death.. or starts welding shit on there or grinding shit off. You can't fix that without a LOT of cost and effort..

If you can change it back to original later on, I don't see why reasonable* people would have a problem with it.

Reactions: Leviathan

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
MK will smite you

From my experiance its a waste of time and money. About the only good thing that can be mounted on the handguard rail is a flashlight and maybe one of those angled grips. To me the LOP seem fine. Im about 6'1, about 170lbs and have long arms. Its especially great in the winter when I have layers on.

Its cool to be different but its better when it has a purpose

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Don't do anything irreversible.
While these guns are common today, who knows about tomorrow.
The N-Pap would be less desirable because of no bulged front trunion, so if you mock one up, definitely choose this one.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
it's your gun. Do what you want with it.

It's not particularly rare or anything... where most people hit the ceiling is when someone takes something like a Polytech Legend or something and Tapco-fucks it to death.. or starts welding shit on there or grinding shit off. You can't fix that without a LOT of cost and effort..

If you can change it back to original later on, I don't see why reasonable* people would have a problem with it.
+1

amen. My buddy sent me a pic of a 1969 Izzy kit that had been used to make a hybrid, tactical, gray, modern, etc ak. Makes my blood turn! Free country, but WHY did they have to use that kit!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I wouldnt simply due to the fact that railed foregrips on the platform are worthless IMO. Flashlight is held too far back, bipod is unnecessary, and vfg that close doesnt help drive the gun... If you must be a closet ninja the best upgrades would be a better pistol grip, a well mounted optic, a decent brake, and maybe a hogue front end (more practical than obnoxious.) Follow that with bakes or circle 10 magazines and you would have a winner.

Personally, I have a tactical 74 but its an AKs less than modern riveted steel / wood look that bring it charm and bestow that rugged no nonsense look..Again, thats just my .02... I think a better bet would to turn it into a sweet BFPU and all you have to do is enjoy it... roughly ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts