AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and maybe I did something wrong, but I couldnt find a single thread regarding "Carry Insurance". So I thought I would make one...

I recently started looking at getting concealed carry insurance. There are now multiple options and like any other decision, I thought I would post here to ask for everyones input.
The options I have found so far are

USCCA
US LawShield
ACLDN
NRA CarryGuard
Second Call
CCW Safe
Conifer Insurance
West Bend Insurance

The standard Insurance companies offering concealed carry criminal defense bonds are not advertised as much as some of the others. Their claims seem simple and may be a good option.
The NRA CarryGuards 20% up front, 80% after found not guilty is enough to make me avoid it.
After doing a lot of comparing, USCCA seems to be the best option. Any input? See link below for info diagram on multiple providers.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/self-defense-gun-owner-insurance-programs-compared/

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have Texas Law Shield.

They came to my LTC course to talk about their service so I signed up for a year+ other coverage.

I knew they were coming and had already chosen them based on personal experience. I know someone related to a high profile case and TLS is representing the defendant; that sold me.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Texas Law Shield.

They came to my LTC course to talk about their service so I signed up for a year+ other coverage.

I knew they were coming and had already chosen them based on personal experience. I know someone related to a high profile case and TLS is representing the defendant; that sold me.
I looked at US Law Shield and they only cover bail bonds in Oklahoma and Pennsylvania for an extra $2.95/mo. to $25K
Covering bail is a huge deal. A judge, especially in a liberal area who has any doubts could easily set your bond at $250K, so I'm looking for an option that will cover $25K in bond.
Texas Law Shield is probably better, I'm assuming

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I researched them all and CCW Safe seemed like the clear winner. They have upped their minimum coverage and price since then though.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just fyi, in many states, depending on their laws, your homeowner's insurance will cover you if the perp or perp family tries to sue you

But that doesn't address when you're out of your home of course

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I discussed that with USAA when looking at renters insurance. They said it was case by case (which makes sense to avoid having to pay to represent someone who clearly did something stupid) but claimed that they would cover me in the event of a home invasion shooting/clear self defense.
While USAA isn't as cheap as they use to be, I feel much better about having them as an insurer than many other for-profits insurance agencies.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For anyone interested, the 3 best options were those that covered bail up to 250K-500K, and covered everything up front rather than possibly reimbursing later.
These were USCCA, CCW Safe and FirearmsLegal.
I hadn't heard of the last one and don't know much about them. Their plan however looked good.
It came down to a toss-up and I ended up going with CCW Safe over USCCA due to lower cost and the same benefits. They also just successfully defended a guy charged with murder over the course of 2 years. He was found not guilty. He didn't pay a penny.

Reactions: MPiKM-72
1 - 7 of 7 Posts