AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some pics of the last couple days at my place. Shop is too cold to do anything in so it's been mostly inside the house and occasionally playing in the snow in the jeep. Figured I'd show some members of me and the dogs screwing around in the snow.

Mods... If this is in the wrong spot the please move.

Part of the driveway.

Pond is froze over.

Dogs don't look too happy to be outside in the cold.

One of them starts to warm up to the idea of playing.

And the wife wanted a nice picture with the dogs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have plenty of snow here too and it's to damn cold. Hey 22many what's the story on that fine looking machine beside the garage, looks like something you might find at my place.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I'll take the snow and cold any day over 140 degrees in full gear and armor. Spent most of my career with places with two seasons; extremely hot and warm

·
Premium Member
13,423 Posts
Your dogs have that "We are questionong your sanity" look about them..lol....Great Pictures!

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The snow is a nice change from the rainy and windy bone chilling weather we were having. It's actually enjoyable to be outside in...for a little while. Last year we had 16 inches and had to chain up the jeep to get DOWN our driveway so this year its been a little better.

Bender, I guess you could call that my play/chores truck. It was mainly my play truck before I retired but now it's more of my chores truck. However, it's not really too fun to load and unload firewood or railroad ties as the truck sits on 12 inches and 42s. Anyways, 1966 chevy that's in pretty decent shape. 1 ton axles, 5.13s, detroit rear, powerlock front, Factory LS6, ported square ports, big solid cam, ect, ect. Realistically too much motor for what I use it for now.

TRAAK's, as much as I love English bulldogs, they sure are lazy. Getting them out in the snow is often left with the look of "you got me off the couch for this?" Lol.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Ours was freezing rain over snow, so you can literally walk the landscape without leaving any tracks. It's like white concrete.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ours was freezing rain over snow, so you can literally walk the landscape without leaving any tracks. It's like white concrete.
Screw that! The snow I don't mind, but when it freezes... No thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Nice looking property. I can appreciate the pictures. Living in AZ has its perks but being from the northeast I miss having 4 seasons, and this year it appear that we're skipping winter. This month is historically the coldest, yet we're in the 70*'s and sunny. That may sound like sarcasm, but it's not...

CMS

·
Registered
394 Posts
The hell with the snow how about some pics of the truck.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking property. I can appreciate the pictures. Living in AZ has its perks but being from the northeast I miss having 4 seasons, and this year it appear that we're skipping winter. This month is historically the coldest, yet we're in the 70*'s and sunny. That may sound like sarcasm, but it's not...

CMS
Thanks. Funny you mention AZ. The wife and I decided to move there in about 10 years because of the better weather. The snow is nice and all, but the cold rainy weather that the PNW has most of the time has outstayed its welcome.

I gotta say, moving will be a big change. Were in very small town and crime here is virtually nonexistent. No locked doors, keys in vehicles, ect, ect. The only thing we really have to worry about is raccoons and coyotes. And even then, it's not really a problem.

The hell with the snow how about some pics of the truck.
Ill see if I can dig some up. I think I have some saved on my computer somewhere.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For bender and schultze. First couple of pics are about 5 years ago at my old house. Last pic is from last summer. Funny, I didn't realize that I didn't have any recent pics of the truck. A lot has changed on the truck from the first couple of pics. Anyways, enjoy.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Thats what I've been mostly doing this year. We are at 90" snowfall so far ...
If I don't clean the driveway nobody can get in or out, I don't care if you have 4x4 or not.
This is after the first snowfall, now, there are small mountains of snow all over the place.

002.JPG

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice truck man. I must say , I am jealous. I have a 90 full size Blazer, EFI 350, 700 R4/NP 241 with a SYE kit (I have a 4-speed/NP 205 to swap in) aprox. 7'' of lift, 35'' BFG M/Ts,
1 ton 14 bolt FF rear with a Detroit, Dana 60 front. Good projects really never end.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sorry, but it's hard to get excited about snow at this time of year. We've been balls deep in snow for almost three months now. Forecast for Tuesday morning.... -15 w/o windchill. On a more positive note, Spring is not far off and our annual Spring snow goose hunt to MO is coming up in a few weeks! I'm itching to try out my Nordic Components mag extension for my Benelli. :uzi:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts